none
Windows Media Player does not want to rip any of my CD's

Question

• A couple days ago, i found a long-lost CD with all my favorite songs. I wanted to put them on my iPod so i decided to rip the CD on my Windows 7 RC computer. When i put the CD in, it started playing the CD. I stopped it, chose the settings i wanted to for ripping and click "Rip CD". I immediately got an error that said "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from this CD". I clicked on Web Help and it said, there is no help with this error. What is going on?

PS: let me point out that this is the first time i have ripped a CD on Windows 7 RC. I had Windows Vista Home Basic previously and have ripped CDs a lot there.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:47 AM

Answers

• This happened to me today with Windows 7 Pro when I upgraded my hdd. This also makes the location in 'Option' -> 'Rip Music' blank and you cannot use the change button. You may also get the alert: 'the settings for ripping music could not be applied'. For me, running cmd -> sfc did nothing and I wasn't about to re-install just because of some stupid error.

To fix: open windows media player, click Organise -> Manage Libraries -> Music and make sure you aren't referencing any unavailable locations. For me, I was referencing an old hdd location for my music. Remove this dead location and update your default save location and all is good.

Cheers,
    DT20Three

• Proposed as answer by DT20Three Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, November 04, 2009 6:22 AM
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:55 PM
  • Hi Rio A.

Did you try my above suggestions to reset WMP?

If the issue persists, try SFC to check if the system files are corrupted:

Use the System File Checker (SFC)

===========================

1. Click Start, type "cmd" (without the quote) in the Start Search bar, right-click cmd.exe and click run as administrator.

2. Input the following command and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

If the files cannot be repaired, you can perform an in-place upgrade:

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

2. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

a. If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.  

b. If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

b1. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK. Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.  

b2. Click Install now.

3. When you reach the Which type of installation to you want? screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, October 26, 2009 3:26 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 2:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to verify what ripping setting you are using. Does the default setting work? In addition, I suggest testing with another CD. It will help determine if it is the CD's problem.

You can also try the following steps:

1. Load Windows Media Player.

2. Click Tools\options\devices\ then choose properties of the CD reader and enable Digital for both ripping and playback, uncheck "Use error correction", click OK.

3. Click Rip music tab, change the Audio Quality to another value (higher or lower than 128kbps). Click OK and then try to rip.

If the issue persists, try ripping in Clean Boot mode.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:14 AM
  • ah yes I forgot to mention that it is not the CD's problem because I tried a couple other CD's which I have already ripped in the past. And settings, I chose MP3 at a bit rate of 320 KBps. That's all.

Thank you for you help :D

Edit: Also there is a problem with the Rip music tab: 1- nothing happens when i click change save location and it doesn't show the place where it saves now. 2- if I change a setting in the Rip tab and click save or apply, it says "The settings for ripping music could not be applied."

How do you attach a screenshot here? I want to show you my problem.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:06 PM
  • If you use WMP's Tools:Advanced:Restore Media Library tool, does that, after you finish that, get Rip working?

This sounds like a known issue with regards to the RC pre-release build related to library corruption.  Note that the library Restore tool there in the RC needs you manually stop the Network Sharing Service first: this is handled correctly in the RTM version.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:22 PM
  • what does the "Restore Media Library" tool do?

and there is nothing wrong with my library, the problem is that Windows Media Player does not want to Rip at all.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

According to the description, you are not able to change rip settings, so you use the default settings. Am I right?

This issue may occur if the WMP components are corrupted.

I suggest resetting it as below:

1. Open Control Panel/Programs and Features.

2. Click "Turn Windows features on or off" in the left pane.

3. Expand "Media Features", uncheck "Windows Media Player". Click "Yes" to continue, and click OK to quit. Then Restart.

Note: If you turn off WMP, Windows Media Center will be turned off either. You may need to re-configure settings for Windows Media Center after re-enabling it.

4. Open "Turn Windows features on or off" again. Turn on the features "Windows Media Player" and "Windows Media Center". Restart.

5. Launch Windows Media Player, initialize the program.

You can also try restoring Media Library as Zachd mentioned.

Does it rip?

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:45 AM
  • To collect Screenshot, please refer to the following steps and upload it to the http://skydrive.live.com/ using your Live ID:

Screenshot

========

1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click Desktop on the left pane and then click "Save".

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:59 AM
  • Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:10 AM
  • Hi Rio A.

Did you try my above suggestions to reset WMP?

If the issue persists, try SFC to check if the system files are corrupted:

Use the System File Checker (SFC)

===========================

1. Click Start, type "cmd" (without the quote) in the Start Search bar, right-click cmd.exe and click run as administrator.

2. Input the following command and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

If the files cannot be repaired, you can perform an in-place upgrade:

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

2. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

a. If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.  

b. If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

b1. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK. Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.  

b2. Click Install now.

3. When you reach the Which type of installation to you want? screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, October 26, 2009 3:26 AM
    Friday, October 23, 2009 2:55 AM
  • thank you I will try resetting and scanning my system. I will reply when i get further updates
    Monday, October 26, 2009 11:16 PM
  • This happened to me today with Windows 7 Pro when I upgraded my hdd. This also makes the location in 'Option' -> 'Rip Music' blank and you cannot use the change button. You may also get the alert: 'the settings for ripping music could not be applied'. For me, running cmd -> sfc did nothing and I wasn't about to re-install just because of some stupid error.

To fix: open windows media player, click Organise -> Manage Libraries -> Music and make sure you aren't referencing any unavailable locations. For me, I was referencing an old hdd location for my music. Remove this dead location and update your default save location and all is good.

Cheers,
    DT20Three

• Proposed as answer by DT20Three Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, November 04, 2009 6:22 AM
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:55 PM
  • thank you for your help. I just bought Windows 7 so I'm not using the RC anymore (the one i had the problem with).
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Thank you for your update.
    Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Monday, November 02, 2009 2:41 AM
  • I decided to try what DT20Three said on my copy of Windows 7 to see if it is a bug. I linked to another hard drive, then removed the hard drive. There still are no problems with Ripping. So it was probably a bug in the RC version of Windows 7.
    Monday, November 02, 2009 10:06 PM
  • -> Roi A.
    Weird. I don't have the RC - I'm using a brand new fresh install of Win7 Pro.

I did exactly the same thing as you just now with my external hdd and I got the error - it's definitely a bug. Did you set the library location on your external hdd as the default save location (right click) and then remove the hdd? If you have the default save location available, then it will rip fine. My original problem was the default save location was on my old second harddrive which I got rid of and so I got the error.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:07 PM
  • Yes! DT20Three, you are right. I set it as the default save location and the rip place was blank and I got the error when I tried changing the rip settings. It must be a bug. Hey Vivian Xing, are you able to report this bug to the developers people so they could fix this bug?
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 12:26 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 6:22 AM
  • You're welcome.
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:26 AM
  • Perfect, fixed my problem! Thanks
    Monday, November 09, 2009 2:03 AM
  • :D
    Monday, November 09, 2009 2:10 AM
  • I am having the exact same problem, I can't do DT20Three's fix because when I click Organise -> Manage Libraries -> Music, nothing happens ...at all.  I've also done the SFC scan and resetting WMP and the problem still persists.  Just want my WMP to work as well as at did BEFORE I upgraded to Windows 7.  Please help.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:43 AM
  • managing libraries in WMP is just managing the Libraries in Windows Explorer. If you can't get to it through WMP, then just open Windows Explorer, right click music and click properties and see if there are any folders you have linked to that don't exist. Hope that helped
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:21 PM
  • Actually, no it doesn't help.  Because in Windows Explorer, the Music folder is fine, and displays all my music files when I click on it.  When I right click, all the folders listed all exist. 

That's not a good solution anyway Roi, it doesn't give me back the functionality of WMP that I had before I upgraded.  I can't view my libraries, rip cds or even sync because of this problem.  I want WMP to work as it used to, not some cheap workaround.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:34 PM
  • what are you talking about "cheap workaround"? WMP works perfectly for me. I actually like it better than iTunes, and it's working for almost 99% of everyone else who is using Windows 7. But I'm gonna try to help you fix this.

Did you upgrade from Vista or do a clean install?
    Did WMP not work the first time you tried it or did it suddenly happen after using it a while?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:21 PM
  • I upgraded from Vista, and WMP hasn't worked at all since the upgrade.  I upgraded over the weekend but hadn't used WMP until yesterday.  It worked perfectly well in Vista but I wanted to rip some CDs to my library yesterday and found all these issues.  I'm sorry if I sounded snippy but its just frustrating trying to find a fix to this when all of the suggested things didn't work. 
    At first it was just the library. but then I tried to rip a CD and got an error that Windows Media Player could not find the file.  I then went into rip settings and then more options, the rip music to this location section was blank.  I click the Change button but nothing happened. 
    I like WMP better than iTunes as well and would like to use it as I always have.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:11 PM
  • yes that is what I had: rip location was blank and nothing happened when i click on change button. well if you are sure that none of your library locations are non-existant and that happened after you upgraded from Vista, then something wrong happened during the upgrade. I actually told my friends at school (who were gonna upgrade too) NOT to upgrade because I did that on my computer and there are some complications so I did a clean install and reinstalled my programs and everything was like new. I recommend you back up your files, make a list of installed software you have on your computer, and do a clean install of Windows 7.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Yeah, I was hoping to avoid a full reinstall just to fix one thing.  Everything else is fine so far.  I was about to do a system restore back to my earliest point (pretty much right after I upgraded) to see if it was always like that since I didn't try WMP until a few days after I upgraded.  I even tried making another user account to try it from a clean profile but its still the same.   I'm an IT consultant and fix stuff like this for a living and I get really frustrated when I get stumped on a problem on my own computer.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:07 PM
  • Wait a minute, you tried WMP a few days after you upgraded? then the obvious question to ask is: what did you change (programs installed, settings changed, etc...) between the time you upgraded and tried WMP?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:44 PM
  • Well, I didn't change much just a few UI tweaks here and there like explorer settings and things like that.  System restore worked and the WMP is fine now.  I've had to reinstall some programs but the issue hasn't come back so far.  I still have a few more to reinstall but I wanted to rip my CDs first hehe.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:29 PM
  • alright glad to hear everything worked out. reply if you the problem reoccurs after you reinstall those programs :D
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:42 PM
  • DT20, your solution worked perfectly and I could not agree more that an OS reinstall for a MediaPlayer error is a bit of overkill.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:37 PM
  • DT20,
    Thank you for posting this fix.  It was the simplest thing once you know what the problem is.  I can't believe it causes such outlandish malfunction because of a simple issue such as this.  Thanks again.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 1:58 AM
  • Update: I think this problem is fixed. I decided to test it again today. I decided to check my Windows Update history and I think it was Update for Windows 7 (KB974431). If anyone can provide extra clarity on how and why it was fixed, please reply.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 2:49 AM
  • I have this problem too and the KB974431 did not fix it for me. No remote locations for music set up on my installation (infact none at all right now) and tried all the suggestions above (some of which sound a bit desperate to be honest).

This look like a straight bug in WMP, maybe a registry default not being setup on the upgrade. Amazed this has not been resolved and that MS appear to have released a significantly less capable and stable media player on this OS.

Cmon MS - at least provide the Reg key where this RIP location comes from so we can patch it up ourselves.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 12:18 PM
  • Vivian - this is a straight bug. Not only is the value blank, the change button for the Rip location has no effect when pressed.

If we are allowed to pass on suggestions to the team can I propose that less effort is spent removing useful functionality (in the move from 11 to 12) and more time on testing. This is not only a painfully basic fault - it has been talked about on forums for at least 3 months and I cannot find a resolution (although that really should not be your paying customers job anyway).

Yes - annoyed but ever hopeful that developer pride will have this resolved in a flash ;

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 12:23 PM
  • @BoyGreeny
    This only happened to me once when I changed drive letters and stuff. I had no idea that there were other reasons.
    (Sigh) I bet Microsoft thinks this problem isn't big enough to spend money for to fix :(

Cmon Microsoft!
    Tuesday, January 05, 2010 9:36 PM
  • You are so right!  I was 'pointing' to a network drive without having the correct permissions.  Hope this helps others
    Monday, January 25, 2010 2:16 PM
  • Hi There,  Thanks for this fix, saved my sanity.  I had reinstalled fresh Win7 to resolve another issue then got this.. was about to blow, you solution worked.  Thanks.
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 12:28 PM
  • glad to help.

just curious, what was the other issue?
    Monday, February 22, 2010 1:15 AM
  • I had the same problem with Media Player (couldnt manage music library - no popup, couln't change Rip Location, Rip Format).

I solved mine (with some clues from this forum) by using windows explorer, going into my libraries and removing my CD/DVD ROM drive.

I'm not sure how the DVD/CD got in there if it's not supported but it said "unsupported" in explorer.

I then returned to media player and rip settings worked.

Bug.
    jt
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:21 AM
  • Big thank you for your answer, I've been looking for it for months and just got my machine upstairs working which runs Win7 Home Premium 32 bit.  I've actually had it happen twice, and I'm sure it was like you said because I had it referencing an old location on the network no longer valid.  Seems unfortunate WMP doesn't know to fall back to an alternate location in this case, some 12 or more revisions in.
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:27 AM

Cheers,
    DT20Three

yep this was the problem i kept getting the blank save location and cannot rip error and cannot change rip settings, it was trying to use a virtual drive or something weird so i deleted it of and set it to public. Thanks life saver :D!!!
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:32 PM
  • I had the same problem. I checked out the various solutions suggested here and nothing worked. I solved the problem by going to Windows Explorer. Right click on "Music" in Libraries, click on Properties, chose the folder where the ripped CDs are to be placed and click on "Set save location". That put the music folder on my HDD in the rip music tap in WMP and I was then able to change the setting to save as MP3 rather than WMA.

Ripped a disk & all seems well.
    Friday, September 17, 2010 12:08 PM
  • Dam what a stupid error.

So we had exactly the same problem. Thanks for the fix by the way.

It all started for us when the XBOX360 update came down for Kinect.
    We needed to reconnect the XBOX as an extended for Win 7 Media Center.

The connection to XBOX360 from Win 7 took a bloody long time because it insisted on Scanning our many thousands of MP3s. So in Media Center settings I stopped it from scanning all Music folders.

Unfortunately Media Player uses the Media Center settings and so WMP no longer had a scan path.

Annoying. I should be able to tell MCE to not scan music, while retaining WMP music folder.

Rob Chandler Help MVP http://Helpware.net http://mshcmigrate.helpmvp.com/
    Monday, November 15, 2010 12:17 PM
  • I am having the exact same problem, I can't do DT20Three's fix because when I click Organise -> Manage Libraries -> Music, nothing happens ...at all.  I've also done the SFC scan and resetting WMP and the problem still persists.  Just want my WMP to work as well as at did BEFORE I upgraded to Windows 7.  Please help.

I am having the same problem.  Have you gotten it fixed yet?
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 4:52 AM
  • hellonearth, you can try deleting the Music library, and restoring the default one, by following the instructions at http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-error-library-ms-is-no-longer-working-windows-7 (your music files will be preserved). Does that help?
    Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 3:56 PM

I am having the same problem.  Have you gotten it fixed yet?

Hi All,

Just adding wood to the fire. I too have this problem. Clicking on "Manage Libraries" does nothing, I've followed most of the other suggestions on here. I did have a network location configured as the rip location and all was working fine, until I tried to rip a CD. That's when the rip location went blank and the settings in the Rip Music tab became "read only". That is to say not properly read only as it would lead you to believe you could change the settings but as soon as you go back into the settings they are defaulted again.

My opinion is that this has something to do with libraries being available outside Windows Media Player in Windows Explorer. It would make sense if previous to libraries being something that appears in Windows Explorer, they were contained in the WMP database.

Still looking.....

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 12:16 AM
  • Harry, what exactly did you already try, and what were the results?
    Tim De Baets
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:51 PM
  • A couple days ago, i found a long-lost CD with all my favorite songs. I wanted to put them on my iPod so i decided to rip the CD on my Windows 7 RC computer. When i put the CD in, it started playing the CD. I stopped it, chose the settings i wanted to for ripping and click "Rip CD". I immediately got an error that said "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from this CD". I clicked on Web Help and it said, there is no help with this error. What is going on?

PS: let me point out that this is the first time i have ripped a CD on Windows 7 RC. I had Windows Vista Home Basic previously and have ripped CDs a lot there.

I would like to sugest that you first open the folder file on your windows media player check each folder to see what will play. if you have a bunch of files that will not play that is because they where moved. when you find the files that are playing then clear all old files. then check organize and check rip it sholud give you the option to change where you wish your music files to go.  worked for me.
    bradallthetime
    • Proposed as answer by bradallthetime Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:25 PM
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 10:22 PM
  • Hey thanks this worked perfect for me. Somehow my WMP lost its original location I had set for my drive.

To fix: open windows media player, click Organise -> Manage Libraries ->

• Proposed as answer by chronisus Monday, January 24, 2011 11:28 PM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 11:28 PM
  • Right on!  I was using a network attached storage device and it went off line due to a power outage.  Upon power resumption WM Player never picked up that it was available again.  Thank you for saving me a lot of frustration.
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:10 PM
  • I am having this issue as well, however, I guess mine is a MAJOR bug... I like the My Videos, My Music, My Pictures folders, I purposely disable the shitty "Library's" function as its a waste of resource and my time when looking for something. This needs to be fixed, WMP depending 100% on the new "Library's" system for everything is f***ing retarded, give me back WMP11 on W7 you a**hats... A previously faithful WMP11 PRE user... (music only)
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:18 PM
  • please help!!! i'm having this same issue...i can't rip anything to my computer. i'm getting the same pop-ups you do.
    Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:38 PM
  • i'm having this same problem. i've reset wmp and it didn't help. what else do i need to do?
    Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:48 PM
  • Laresa: please don't double-post. In WMP, if you go to Tools - Options - Rip Music (press Ctrl+M if you don't see the Tools menu), is there a path listed under Rip music to this location? Can you change the path by clicking the Change button?
    Tim De Baets
    Friday, May 06, 2011 3:05 PM
  • Hi Tim,

This issue seems to have been occurring since WMP11 but am I right in saying the cause isn't always the same? I currently have the issue and have been through all the hoops plastered all over Microsoft's support forums and yet still have a blank 'Rip to' location for my CD setting. In my case, I think the cause was me playing with the Rip settings, trying to select MP3 format. My library's are as default and have been reselected as default in case.

I haven't done the, disable and then re-enable WMP yet. Seems akin to 'Have you tried turning the power off and on'. Is this because there doesn't seem an easy root to closing WMP? (since, it's always running in the background...)

Sunday, June 05, 2011 9:57 AM
  • In my case, I defaulted the libraries and then deleted the (empty) Music Library from within Explorer then restored the Default Libraries (by right-clicking Libraries). The entry then reappeared in 'Rip to' under CD Rip Settings, and I was free to go and alter the library settings again thereafter.  

Shame I can't report exactly what the cause was though...

Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:22 AM
  • Yes, that's usually the correct solution for that issue. Most of the time, it's caused by setting the rip music location to an external drive. When that drive is later disconnected from the system, the rip music location can become blank.

Tim De Baets
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:37 PM
  • Same problem. Simple solution but no explanation.... went into organize>manage libraries>music where my music HD (J:) was listed as 'unresponsive'. It's worked perfectly for a year in my Windows 7/ WMP 12 set-up..

I highlighted it, clicked 'remove'. Added it again and everything works...

Don't you just love Microsoft?

Feenee

Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:23 PM
  • This solved my problem.  Thanks
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 4:49 PM
  • In case it helps anyone else, I had the same problem and tried all of the suggested options about the folders in the library, etc, and nothing worked.

The solution for me was to run Media Player as administrator once.  Hit the start button->Media Player->right click and select "run as administrator".  After I ran it as administrator once I could then see/change the directory and save without getting the error.

Thursday, May 03, 2012 4:58 PM
  • @DT20Three this worked a charm, thanks very much
    Friday, June 01, 2012 11:39 AM
  • I finally fixed this after 3 months of not being able to figure out any other fix that would work.  Mine exhibited the same problems as everyone mentioned so far except none of the listed fixes worked. 

I'm running windows 7 ultimate x64

I moved music from an old system drive (D:) to my new SSD raid (C:) I then removed the old hard drive (D:)  and later found out my I should have changed my music library location before removing it. I finally dug into the registry a bit and fixed the issue. I just did a search on the old library location "D:\Users\Rob\Music" and changed the D:\ to a C:\ I did this for all the entries in the registry (I think there was around 7-8) and after rebooting everything came back and it is working as normal. I don't suggest messing with the registry unless you are comfortable like I was as you can do some real damage. 

hope this helps someone. 

• Proposed as answer by jks Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:50 PM
    Friday, June 08, 2012 1:12 AM
  • Thank you DT20Three. With a blast from the past, this hint enabled me to correct the problem on my machine. I have been told everything from Restore to "you have a virus". So to arrive at a simple and straightforward solution explained in plain language.................great! More power to you DT20Three. 
    • Proposed as answer by Dad Lindy Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:45 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Dad Lindy Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:45 AM
    Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Yes - only RegEdit solved this problem for me.

I moved my 'My Music' folder from G:\ to M:\ and WMP then showed the Rip music to this location as blank. None of the earlier fixes worked.

I found a number of entries for G:\My Music and changed them to M:\My Music. WMP then worked without needing to reboot.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:49 PM
  • I haven a car with a CD player. I am trying to rip a CD for it, I do what media tells me to do but I try to play it in the car it dose not work. 
    Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:20 PM
  • The "Run as Administrator" fix worked for me!  I only had to do it once, and after that it was fine!
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:04 PM
  • Found this while looking for an answer to this problem. Followed your suggestion and IT WORKED! Yeah! Thank you.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:18 PM
  • You posted this work around a long time ago !

However, the solution works and worked for me this morning and is appreciated :)

Thanks - all good.

David

Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:24 AM
  •    Hi there...

New to Mobo/PC building...

Just set up new system, done nearly everything, then came to My tunes, could not for the life of Me,work out why My Elliott Smith XO , wouldn't RIP...

Brilliant its worked...

Many thanks...

Danny

Friday, July 04, 2014 8:15 PM