none
Quickbooks Pro 2009

General discussion

• Out of all the programs I have installed on my computer Quickbooks Pro 2009 has always been the slowest to load when I open the program.  All of my other programs that I use take no longer than 2 seconds to load.  While running Quickbooks Pro 2009 with Vista it would take 20 seconds consistently to load.  I timed it many times because it was so slow I even uninstalled and reinstalled with no change.  The wifes computer running the same program with Vista takes 14 seconds to load. It has 3GB of ram compared to 2GB on mine.  Now since I have upgraded to Windows 7, QB Pro 2009 will consistently load in 5 seconds with the company file ready to use.  This is a 25mb company file also that I'm talking about.  Our company has used QB for the last 10 years and all of the versions were slow to load with such a large company file.  So I am very happy to see a performance improvement with Windows 7.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi David

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience with W7.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:33 PM
  • Can you confirm "save as PDF" is working in Quickbooks 2009 ... I am having problems and looking for an answer
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 1:21 AM
  • I also noticed more snappy performance on Windows 7 x64.  However, QuickbooksPro 2009 will not install the QuickenPDF printer for me - did it install on yours?
    Wednesday, February 04, 2009 2:52 PM
  • No it didn't install on mine either and I'm running a x86 system.
    Thursday, February 05, 2009 3:14 AM
  • Gordon_L

"save as PDF" is not working on my system either.  The option is there but I receive an error when it tries to save.
    Thursday, February 05, 2009 3:25 AM
  • Here's an Intuit thread on How to Install the QuickBooks PDF Converter in Windows 7 (Beta)

http://community.intuit.com/post/detail/bZ9_M8tYSqllvkab8P4pmk

I haven't tried it yet, but I hope it works.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 4:42 AM
  • Hi guys,

same problem for me, since I installed Win7, I can't save in PDF format.....is there something that we can do?

Thanks
    Friday, December 04, 2009 3:13 PM
  • So I understand you were running QB Pro 2009 on Vista and upgraded to Windows 7 with no apparent problems?  I'm reluctant, as usual, because it seems everytime I upgrade my computer's operating system I always end up having to go out and buy a new version of Quickbooks (hence the case when I bought my newer computer that ran Vista!).

Can you just confirm you've had no problems exporting files to Excel?  I see some comments below with regard to PDF format, I've never used this....it's not the same thing right?

Tkx for you post!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:33 PM
  • Hi CarolSQuebec

I don't have any problem exporting to an Excel format, it is with PDF format that I am still looking for a solution.....:(

Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:41 AM