none
Event Viewer will not start - Service not running - Not enough storage space

Question

• Hello,

I have several Win 7 machines that all have this same issue.

When you try to view the Event Log I get an error saying the service is not running.

The service is set to Automatic. When you try to start it you get the error below.

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 0x80007000e: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I have tried everything I can to fix this and am now out of ideas. Not all Win 7 machines have this issue, but most in our network do.

Any thoughts.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:33 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the error message, there’s no enough storage on your drive.

How much feel space in your C drive? The default event log should be located in C:\Windows\System32\winevt\logs

Please replace these logs to other drive and restart the service to see if the same issue occurs.

Since the issue occur with many machines, the problem may related with the installation image. Did the image make by yourself? How did you deploy these Windows 7 PC? And did the issue appear in a new installed Windows 7 PC?

Furthermore, does your workaround is a domain? Please check if any GPOs were set to those PC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to the error message, there’s no enough storage on your drive.

How much feel space in your C drive? The default event log should be located in C:\Windows\System32\winevt\logs

Please replace these logs to other drive and restart the service to see if the same issue occurs.

Since the issue occur with many machines, the problem may related with the installation image. Did the image make by yourself? How did you deploy these Windows 7 PC? And did the issue appear in a new installed Windows 7 PC?

Furthermore, does your workaround is a domain? Please check if any GPOs were set to those PC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Hi:

Was this ever resolved? I get the same issue after mirror-ing ALL the settings in 2008 R2 services up to a GP then applying them back down again. I think the 'Not enough storage' is a red herring being caused by something else.

Regards

Gerardo

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Hi There,

Please try the following guide and let us know if it works for you?

Windows Event Log Service Repair

• Proposed as answer by A. TheOne Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:06 PM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:06 PM