none
Mikrotek scanmaker 3600 under Win 7

Question

• Does anyone know how can I make Scanmaker 3600 running under Windows7? I have not found suitable driver yet.

Thanks,

dana

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since there is no driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista, I suggest you try to install the driver for Windows XP in Compatibility Mode for a test. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you have to wait for the manufacturer to upgrade its driver.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by problem77 Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:32 AM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:47 AM

All replies

• I am having the same problem, Microtek Scanmaker 3600 via USB, latest version available from Microtek is 6.32 (ScanWizard 5) which includes drivers, I believe they were released for Windows Vista.

Thanks,

Kirk

• Proposed as answer by Chris Chuang Monday, December 23, 2013 1:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Chris Chuang Monday, December 23, 2013 1:33 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Chris Chuang Monday, December 23, 2013 1:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Chris Chuang Monday, December 23, 2013 1:33 PM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:40 PM
  • Hi,

First, I suggest you access Windows 7 Compatibility Center and verify whether Scanmaker 3600 is compatible with Windows 7. If the device does not list, I suggest you also involve the manufacturer and check whether it can work in the new system.

At this stage, I suggest you uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver for Windows Vista in Compatibility Mode.

Thanks,

Novak

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

I have found driver under  neither Windows 7 nor Windows Vista. I am waiting on answer of manufacterer.

Thanks,

Dana

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Hi,

Since there is no driver for Windows 7 and Windows Vista, I suggest you try to install the driver for Windows XP in Compatibility Mode for a test. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you have to wait for the manufacturer to upgrade its driver.

Thanks,

Novak

• Marked as answer by problem77 Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:32 AM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

I install the driver for Windows XP in  Compatibility Mode and scanner is working. Thanks very much.

Dana

Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:27 AM
  • I am having the same problem but I haven't been able to get my Microtek Scanmaker 3600 working on my laptop, which has Windows 7. It works fine on my old desktop which has Windows XP Home Edition. I went to the Microtek website and downloaded drivers and plugins for Windows XP since there is no driver for Windows 7 and I guess not for Vista either. I then downloaded Main Installer for Scan Wizard 5 Version 6.32. I put the .exe file on my desktop. I right clicked on the .exe icon and under the properties/compatibility tab I selected Windows Vista one time, Windows 7 another time and even Windows XP service pack 3 another time. I clicked on apply/ok and then right clicked on run as administrator. It then proceeds to install and the ScanWizard 5 icon and the Microtek Scanner Configuration icon appear on my desktop. I then plug my scanner to my laptop with the USB cable but the laptop does not detect the scanner automatically. If I then click on the Scan Wizard 5 icon to open it up but I keep getting a message from Microtek Scanner Manager saying "Can't find scanners. Use scanner probe to find a scanner". If I click OK it doesn't work. I went to the properties/compatibility tab under the ScanWizard 5 icon and tried Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP etc. but nothing worked. I tried running as administrator and opening not as administrator but it didn't make any difference. I am baffled at this point. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Can anybody help?

Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:54 PM
  • Problem solved. I went to this Microtek website: http://support.microtek.com/knowledgebase_1/kbdtl.phtml?request=KB-00106SW  and I followed their instructions. I clicked on "other" at the bottom and reinstalled the windows XP 32 bit driver. It instructed me to reboot the computer to uninstall the previous version. What was different this time was that after I installed the driver I went to my "hidden icons" in the lower right of my desktop and I saw a symbol with a red line through it. I had never clicked on that before, but this time I clicked on it and it said "scanner not ready" or something similar. I right clicked on it and I clicked on the uppermost selection which gave me detailed instructions on how to add the hardware. Essentially, I had to go to the device manager and add the hardware and now it works great.
    Friday, April 06, 2012 2:07 PM
  • might be an idea to look at a new scanner or better a modern multifunction machine

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Hardcore Games, Legendary is the only Way to Play

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Friday, April 06, 2012 3:32 PM
  • might be an idea to look at a new scanner or better a modern multifunction machine

You'd think so but I tried a modern Multi-function 4-in-1 Printer/Fax/Copier/Scanner and the scan results were appauling compared to my 'oldie but goodie' Scanmaker 3600. The other thing that's great about this scanner is it's simple (has no buttons) and works with CCD rather than CIS technology for better quality scans. Bright colours on the new MFC device I tried, looked very washed out by comparison.

There are clearly lots of SM 3600 owners still out there and it appears Microsofts usbscan.sys driver may have issues. It shows up in Device Manager as an Imaging Device but Windows Fax and Scan just won't work with it.

If Microsoft fixed their part of the drivers to fully support WIA/Fax and Scan, then I'd be fully happy with this device.

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Scan Wizard 5 v6.31 can worked well with Vista x86。

Driver :http://sdrv.ms/1e5qSE8
    Monday, December 23, 2013 1:33 PM