none
How mush more do we have to wait?

Question

• When do you believe the stand alone sp3 rtm update will be available for download on Technet and MSDN?  Sometime today?

That's what i wanna know,it's very strange the the moderator didn't answer with such confidence that question such as the others.according to the plan it shud be relaeased for download about now i don't see why people pay this ammount of money for subscribtions just to get empty promises...well it the end this is not gonna go unnoticed,i bet you reed the posts,people are unhappy and keeping silence will only loose your reputation by holding this realease till public annoucment.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:47 AM

Answers

All replies

•  winamper wrote:

When do you believe the stand alone sp3 rtm update will be available for download on Technet and MSDN?  Sometime today?

winamper,

Please read the replied message by Chris Keroack [MSFT] at this thread. It will be available within next month.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3214173&SiteID=17

Regards,

Thomas

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:38 AM
  • But still no answer to the blokes question? Why is there a delay in getting this download to TechNet and MSDN subscribers?
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:51 AM
  • Yes,this is what i wanned to know,why the wait,just explain the strategy of that,cause i imagine i'm not the only one who want's to know.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Yes it is very difficult to understand.

Building and testing ISO images - including VLK CD's with SP3 integrated - of course takes only 45 seconds.

And why bother to be sure that you haven't missed something.

So why not give out untested CD's to Businesses, just to make anoying people happy ?

I'm sure the real IT pro's won't mind getting something made i a hurry.

So MS: Just do it ;-)

Lars Kruse

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:24 PM
  • Having re-read Chris Keroack [MSFT] answer, it seems he just state that "XP Embedded and Windows Fundamentals" will be available for MSDN/Technet users at a later date - aka next month.
    He does not give a straight answer regarding XP SP3 standalone.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:37 PM
  • I can't speak for the others, but I don't expect a VLK CD w/SP3 yet, I would just like to be able to get a copy of SP3.  I don't care if it's ISO, EXE, ZIP, RAR, whatever.  I'm sure Microsoft already has it compiled and available in at least one of those formats. 

Also I think others are making a very valid argument in that we as MSDN/Technet folks should have access to it before public release, as most of us "real" IT pros want to test it before hand. 

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:14 PM
  • I don't think we will get to test it. It will be released to the public on the 29th. I'm figuring a 2-3 day window before a 0day vulnerability is found for any non sp3 version of XP and you will either have to risk it, wait or just apply the patch from the public download site ASAP. You would think they would give it to VLK holders since they have far more seats (and licenses) than the average person but I guess not.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:17 PM