none
Rundll Error loading

Question

• C:\windows|system 32|vetaweyo.dll everytime my desktop screen opens. I have no idea what it is, or what it does, it's just a problem that just started about a week ago. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition that I bought seperatly when I built the computer. Does anyone have any idea what this error is?
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:14 AM

Answers

• Thanks it worked great! Must've had an infection and avast didn't pick it up, thanks again! happy Holidays!!!!
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:28 PM

All replies

• Have you had a recent infection?

It sounds as though your antivirus/antispyware has removed the malware file(s) but not the reference that loads it. Remove the entry by clicking Start > Run, type regedit, press Enter and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

In the right pane look for vetaweyo.dll and if it’s there, right-click it and select Delete.

Repeat it for this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Thanks it worked great! Must've had an infection and avast didn't pick it up, thanks again! happy Holidays!!!!
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:28 PM
  • Well done.

As Avast didn’t find anything, perhaps you should download and run the free version of SuperAntiSpyware, here http://www.superantispyware.com/ and the free Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Monday, December 01, 2008 2:32 PM
  • I also was infected..... Down loaded and ran the superantispyware and malwarebytes programs recommended and got removed about 240 infected files.  Upon re-boot still get the message "The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\vetawayo.dll is not a valid Windows image.  Please check this against your installation diskette" for each program START is loading.  I went to the regedit as directed, but the vetaweyo.dll was in neither directory.  A search comes up with nothing, as I would have expected.......  Can you help?

Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:34 PM
  • I can't help you much if you could'nt find the file in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run...That's where it was on my computer, but it wasn't in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\, good luck with it, and have a happy holiday!
    Monday, December 08, 2008 2:44 PM
  • I'm having the same trouble, although mine refers to a liyusogu.dll.  Does anybody know what kind of malware this is?
    Monday, December 15, 2008 10:17 PM
  • Oh...and it doesn't appear in the regedit at all for me.
    Monday, December 15, 2008 10:18 PM