none
Invalid vista home premium product key

Question

• My power cord got disconnected and for some reason upon starting I had an activation box come up saying " The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid for activation". I have had my computer for 4 or 5 years and have never had this come up. I have typed in the key thats at the bottom of my computer but its telling me its invalid. I am lost as to what to do. Can someone help me sort this mess out and how on earth it happened?

Thanks in advance

Sunday, January 09, 2011 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try the Phone activation as below:

1. Click the Start button, type "SLUI.EXE 4" (without the quotation marks) in the search box, and press “Enter”.

Note: There is a space between "SLUI.EXE" and "4".

2. Select  the neatest location, and click "Next".

3. Please click "Continue" when the User Account Control dialog-box appears.

4. The Windows Activation will generate a toll-free phone number, 1-866-740-1256 for US, 1-866-740-1256 for Canada. And the installation ID will be displayed, please follow the on-screen steps to activate it.

Reference:

How to activate Windows Vista

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, January 14, 2011 2:39 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:28 AM