none
Where has "invert colors" gone in the new Paint?

Question

• Love the new Paint, but I used to use Invert Colors all the time.  Surely this functionality hasn't been dropped, has it?
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:06 AM

Answers

• The Feature is still there. It is just a little harder to find.  You have to use select under the image tab, once it is highlighted you can right click on the image and the invert colors option is avialable.
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:05 AM
  • nzdudeinsydney -

It would seem to be no longer a feature of Paint.
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:17 PM

All replies

• nzdudeinsydney -

It would seem to be no longer a feature of Paint.
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:17 PM
  • The Feature is still there. It is just a little harder to find.  You have to use select under the image tab, once it is highlighted you can right click on the image and the invert colors option is avialable.
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:05 AM
  • The Feature is still there. It is just a little harder to find.  You have to use the selection tool, to either select an area, or the entire imagle.  Yout then right click on the image and invert colors will be the last option.

indeed!  Just tried it. Nice catch!
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:08 AM
  • The invert colors hotkey has changed from Ctrl+i to Ctrl+Shift+i.
    • Proposed as answer by Malte Ahrens Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:40 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 11:20 PM
  • Select the home tab
    Click the select button highlight target area or Ctrl +A to select all
    then right click on the selection and left click invert color.
    screenshot
    • Proposed as answer by htdw3 Saturday, December 05, 2009 12:57 PM
    Saturday, December 05, 2009 12:55 PM
  • thank you very much :)
    Saturday, March 06, 2010 7:30 PM
  • Thanks dude!!
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:27 AM
  • thank you soooooooo much i really needed that
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:21 PM
  • This is awesome, but how do you change the Attributes on the Invert Color option in order to make it only Black & White like in the old XP version?
    Monday, July 26, 2010 7:19 PM
  • WOW

I just needed the feature and I thought  it is not available. Thanks for this tip. But really not a smart way to change the interface. I guess it is very hard for people to adapt to change once they have learned how to do one thing. 

It is a convenient way to have it in the right click, but i could not figure it out, for the life of me. I actually got the other paint from win xp and worked in that one.  ....

Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual dot Com
    Friday, November 19, 2010 2:07 PM
  • Capt., Solace you beauty!  thank you, that worked for me.  dont know why they make these features so much harder to use.
    Monday, February 07, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Thank you, warped! I must admit that I still had to go around a few corners

before I found it. For me it was a grandiose application due to the fact it

is relying on it for my next book cover publication!!! I vote that it goes back to

a simple command under the "View" where it appropriately belongs. I can't say

I like the new program. I'm a senior and don't need any extra senior moments

when remembering! Ah!

Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:06 AM
  • In New Paint, select home, click on select box, high-light selected region in your opened photo, right click, choose invert color, DONE!
    • Proposed as answer by CYS3898 Monday, August 08, 2011 3:35 AM
    Monday, August 08, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Select image and press CTRL-SHIFT-I
    Monday, May 07, 2012 1:32 AM
  • It's still there! Use Shift + Ctrl + i
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:17 AM
  • YES YES YES THAT WAS PERFECT! THANK YOU!
    Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:43 PM
  • This does not work anymore apparently. There's no Image tab and using Ctrl+A then clicking the Select down-arrow and selecting Invert Selection does not invert the selection, it gives me a paint brush to draw (not a box) which then selects a square that inverts... makes no sense.

The only thing I could get to work was Ctrl+A then Ctrl+Shift+I.

dhinged

Monday, May 05, 2014 10:18 PM
  • It's cool but need it to re-read three times to understand (not dumb but French) it work thank you 
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:15 PM