none
Win 7, 64 bit Ultimate - eveything in "devices and printers" disappeared??

Question

• I've got a Fujitsu Lifebook with win 7, 64 bit 4GB RAM running bitlocker. my company just installed McAfee EndPoint encrytion on the servers. my laptop got simple applet to handle the token. my pc is going nuts. everything in the Devices and Printers folder disappeared and now every window that opens up says "(not responding)" in the header. windows explorer also keeps locking up.

help please.

thanks.
    Monday, May 09, 2011 10:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You may refer to the following link.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/devices-and-printers-dialog-box-empty/353707a4-bcb0-4334-98bc-aab84747fecd

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:42 AM
  • I have had this happen to me twice this month. In my case it is directly related to updates that automatically download from Microsoft. What I have done both time to correct the problem is to take my system back to the retore point that Windows 7 created prior to installing the "critical update". Both times the printers reappear and function perfectly. I don't know what Microsoft is doing but this problem is definately to critical update downloads.

Fix this Microsoft.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:58 PM
  • I am having the same problem with a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine. Have checked the printspool folder, it is empty. Have stopped and re-started the printer spool. No change.

I can access the printer in the printer dialog drop-down from CNTRL+P, but there is nothing at all shown in the Control Panel Devices and Printer folder.

This just started this week. Very bizarre.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:02 PM