none
Windows 7 Home Premium Download

Answers

All replies

• Windows 7 Home Premium x86 with SP1 (bootable)
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24208.iso

Windows  7  Home Premium x64 with SP1 (bootable)
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso

After downloading the .iso file use ImgBurn or Gear ISO to create a bootable DVD.

Create a Bootable Windows 7 DVD using the .ISO file
    Burning a Windows 7 ISO File on a DVD
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/977640

ImgBurn - In addtion to supporting the creation of Cds/DVDs from .ISO files,
    it supports a wide range of other image file formats, and it's free.
    (BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, MDS, NRG, PDI and ISO)
    http://www.imgburn.com/

Download and install Gear ISO burn (Free):
    http://www.gearsoftware.com/GEAR-ISO-Burn.php

Note: Always use the slowest burn speed (4x or 2x) if offered a choice.

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 2:28 AM
  • Perfectly, this is exactly what I looking for. Thank you
    • Proposed as answer by Harries 2000 Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:55 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 8:50 PM
  • I love you x :)
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:08 AM
  • thank u sir for dis

but booting my system from dis file needs an additional driver.....

what do i do with dat??

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:14 AM
  • Learn basic spelling and grammar.

It won't help with the driver issue but it'll come in useful in later life.

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:15 PM
  • GREAAAAAAATTTT!!!! I was looking for this. That should be announced for who buy a PC or anything that comes with a legit Microsoft OS

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

this is some multi-language version or only en-US ? :(

I would have pl-PL (polish) because I'm going to buy an ASUS computer with Win7HP licence, but I don't want to have a lot of garbage in my system. I would have clean OS without ASUS "extras"...

• Proposed as answer by Tózé1951 Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:12 PM
    Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:57 AM
  • You can also use Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to make a bootable DVD or flash drive (make sure its at least 4gb)

The bootable USB is much quicker for installs than the DVD in my experience.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

Monday, July 16, 2012 10:10 PM
  • Mr Stuart, awesome.. Thanks for the ISOs. 

JP

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:38 PM
  • can u please tell me how can i get the portuguese PT-PT version?
    • Proposed as answer by Tózé1951 Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:13 PM
    Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:24 PM
  • I did exactly what you described above, and it worked fine, however on the third or fourth day, a pop up box warned me that my Windows7 key was invalid and will expire. What would the possible problem be? Thanks for your help.
    • Proposed as answer by jwicksaoc Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:14 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:28 PM
  • many many thanks,

great tool to finally recover my toshiba satellite!

Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:00 PM
  • Works like a charm.  Great post since I lost my original recovery disk.
    Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:26 PM
  • I too frown upon improper grammar.
    Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:48 PM
  • Can you put the link of the same distribution but SPANISH version? Thanks.

• Edited by YurikArg Monday, October 08, 2012 4:32 AM
    Monday, October 08, 2012 3:13 AM
  • I can't believe on this!Thanks a lot J W stuart!

Why this is not much released?

Best regards from Brazil!

Saturday, October 20, 2012 3:52 PM
  • I tried this ...It worked fine. However I'm receiving message something like this "Windows7 key was invalid and will expire. " when I install it , I entered my product key. So, don't know why this message is coming up . Any idea ?
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:16 PM
  • This works Great.  Thank you!
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:53 PM
  • if it took your windows key, during installation, then its only one of two options:

1.) Your key is counterfeit

or

2.) Your key is black listed

• Proposed as answer by jwicksaoc Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:19 AM
    Friday, November 02, 2012 10:09 PM
  • YAY THANKS!

Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Thanxs You are a great help
    Friday, November 16, 2012 11:13 PM
  • Thank you sooooo much!!! My computer is giving me the blue screen of death. Linux boots fine from cd so this install disk for my Windows 7 should work fine. I'll use my activation key soon as I get it back up.

Much love and thanks again.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:05 PM
  • From where I can find win 7 product key?????
    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Thank You

Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Hi there.

Can I put this on an external hard drive and boot it from there?

My laptop came with Windows 7 but no disc. I still have the product key.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:00 PM
  • I tried to start it up by using it in the boot menu, but it doesn't work
    Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

last result was that my hard drive is like completely empty and now that i have no system to start up, it is stuck in the black screen, it just said the Compaq logos only. tried using boot menu and I selected the DVD and it STILL didn't work. How can I fix this? It has no programs running on it now!! :(
    Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:05 PM
  • Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Right click
    on computer then click on properties

then scroll down and click on windows activate.

Then register it online then you’re done. Hope this helps you <o:p></o:p>

Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:18 AM
  • Right click
    on computer then click on properties then scroll down and click on windows activate.
    Then register it on line then you’re done. Hope this helps you <o:p></o:p>

Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:18 AM
  • OR 3. tri the following

Right click
    on computer then click on properties then scroll down and click on windows activate.
    Then register it on line then you’re done. Hope this helps you <o:p></o:p>

Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:19 AM
  • Look in the the top of your system or the back it should be on the system sticker that says windows product key it will be made up of numbers and letters

if it's a laptop then check the bottom or if you had it built then check for the key in the windows 7 cd box

Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:22 AM
  • Some manufacturers, such as Dell, often fail to attach the system sticker. Why? Possibly to force customers to rely on Dell for all support? In either case, if its not there use this to find your key http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:34 PM
  • joseph pennell wrote on 2012.12.30:

Some manufacturers, such as Dell, often fail to attach the system sticker. Why? Possibly to force customers to rely on Dell for all support? In either case, if its not there use this to find your key http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

It is very, very rare for a manufacturer to "fail" to attach the Product key sticker to a system.  They are required to put the sticker in their contract with Microsoft.

You will rarely obtain a usable key as you describe because the key in pre-installed OEM systems is not the same key as the sticker on the system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:41 PM
  • Where then might Dell have placed the product key sticker? It is not visibly placed anywhere on the laptop (Inspiron 1545).
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:23 PM
  • Have you checked inside the battery case?

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

• Proposed as answer by joseph pennell Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:42 PM
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:30 PM
  • Yes, just did that. It is there, inside the battery case. Thanks for the advice, I now have the correct key.
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:34 PM
  • You're welcome

Monday, December 31, 2012 1:35 AM
  • Excellent, thank you! Downloaded the file (took a while so set it going over night), opened the file and it immediately took me in to Roxio which I have installed for burning disks.

I only had a Winows 7 Pro disk which was no use for re-building a friend's laptop with Home Premium that had corrupted. Needless to say the laptop was from one of those suppliers that don't include a recovery disk or image and she hadn't been told that she needed to make a disk as soon as she got it home! Moral of the story is MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A RECOVERY DISK!!!!

Sunday, January 06, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Buzzin. Cheers Mr Stuart

• Edited by Gregsor Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:39 PM
    Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:39 PM
  • Look under the battery
    Monday, January 21, 2013 2:31 AM
  • Dell usually puts it under the battery
    Monday, January 21, 2013 2:33 AM
  • can u please tell me how can i get the Brazilian Portuguese x64 version?

thank you

Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Try this site: http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:31 PM
  • I have windows pre-installed in my lenovo U410. I want to move the os to the ssd portion of the hybrid drive. Will this procedure work in this case? and, if it does, can I use my licence on the sticker to activate my windows copy?
    Friday, January 25, 2013 5:13 PM
  • leeponti on 2013.01.25 wrote:

I have windows pre-installed in my lenovo U410. I want to move the os to the ssd portion of the hybrid drive. Will this procedure work in this case? and, if it does, can I use my licence on the sticker to activate my windows copy?

It would be much more appropriate for you to have started your own thread.  Your situation is not related to the original subject and forum ethics strongly discourage hanging a question on an existing thread that is not directly related to the original subject.

As for moving your OS to the SSD portion of your hybrid drive, that is really a hardware question best addressed by Lenovo Technical Support.  No one here knows whether it is physically practical to do so since no one here knows exactly how Lenovo has set up Windows on their systems.  You might end up with a non-functioning system if Lenovo has configured your system such that moving it to another partition may preventing it from booting properly. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Thanks for the info. I will start a new thread next time.

I have already asked lenovo and they said that it is possible to install windows to the ssd portion; however, they want to charge for sending oem discs to me.

Since this discussion covers downloading a windows copy for someone with valid licence key, that is exactly my situation. I have a key and no oem cd/dvd.

I am merely asking that if i were to do a clean install using the downloaded windows 7 copy, which this forum covers, will my current key work to activate my windows.

Friday, January 25, 2013 7:34 PM
  • tengo que hacer de nuevoun formateo de fabrica tengo todos losdiscos
    • Proposed as answer by rosabonetmunoz Friday, January 25, 2013 7:39 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 7:36 PM
  • Thanks for the info. I will start a new thread next time.

I have already asked lenovo and they said that it is possible to install windows to the ssd portion; however, they want to charge for sending oem discs to me.

Since this discussion covers downloading a windows copy for someone with valid licence key, that is exactly my situation. I have a key and no oem cd/dvd.

I am merely asking that if i were to do a clean install using the downloaded windows 7 copy, which this forum covers, will my current key work to activate my windows.

Based on your revised question, yes, you can download the .ISO and use you license key to activate the install.  Make sure you download the correct edition of Windows 7 for you license key.

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:20 PM
  • tengo que hacer de nuevoun formateo de fabrica tengo todos losdiscos

First of all this is an English language forum, so not very many would have any idea what you are asking.

Please post you question in plain English or else find the Spanish language forum to ask your question.

And, lastly, how can you propose your question to be an answer?  An answer has to be just that - an answer!

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:22 PM
  • Just to clarify, my key is an oem key found on the sticker on the underside of my lenovo ideapad and my system is the Home Premium x64, which is preinstalled when i purchased the laptop. So if I download the iso file as per above and install the os to the ssd drive, I should not have a problem reactivating my windows 7? I ask because I have seen some forums where they claim that an oem key will not work on the downloadable windows iso. Kindly advise. Thank you.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 9:41 PM
  • Just to clarify, my key is an oem key found on the sticker on the underside of my lenovo ideapad and my system is the Home Premium x64, which is preinstalled when i purchased the laptop. So if I download the iso file as per above and install the os to the ssd drive, I should not have a problem reactivating my windows 7? I ask because I have seen some forums where they claim that an oem key will not work on the downloadable windows iso. Kindly advise. Thank you.
    I cannot speak from personal experience, but many people have reported in these forums that the download .ISO will accept an OEM key.  I guess the only way to be sure is to try it.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:06 PM
  • Will I be able to use this download to replace Windows 8?  I had Windows 7 on my Dell and upgraded to 8 but wish to go back to 7.  I still have the key for 7.
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:16 PM
  • Yes

But you might try reinstalling Windows 7 using Dell's recovery partition (if you have one), no product key or phone activation is required.

To access the recovery partition on your Dell computer for recovery, follow the steps listed below.

1. Power on the computer
    2. At the Dell logo, hold the Ctrl key and press the F11 key simultaneously.
    2. The Dell PC Restore screen will come up.
    3. Select Restore or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
    4. if you wish to continue, click Confirm, or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
    5. When the utility is finished, click Finish, or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.

• Proposed as answer by europaddle Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:07 PM
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:32 PM
  • Thanks for the link I was looking for this. I have a few keys and I upgraded laptops the old one is going to family so I wanted to put the original OS back on it. Thanks for the help!

Friday, February 01, 2013 6:36 PM
  • Thank you very much
    Saturday, February 02, 2013 3:19 AM
  • Your post dated January 07, 2012

I downloaded the iso file for Windows 7 x64 (Windows  7  Home Premium x64 with SP1 (bootable))

as well as the Gear-iso-Burn software. I have SP2 pack (update KB2656362). I then burned the file into a dvd.

(Create a Bootable Windows 7 DVD using the .ISO file Burning a Windows 7 ISO File on a DVD)

When set up started I selected Install Now. I then received the following message "Windows could not retrieve information about the disk on this computer."

Should I have unpacked the iso file before burning it? if so, how do I do that? Thanks

• Edited by joem123 Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:17 PM to add quotes & date reference
    Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Your post dated January 07, 2012

I downloaded the iso file for Windows 7 x64 (Windows  7  Home Premium x64 with SP1 (bootable))

as well as the Gear-iso-Burn software. I have SP2 pack (update KB2656362). I then burned the file into a dvd.

(Create a Bootable Windows 7 DVD using the .ISO file Burning a Windows 7 ISO File on a DVD)

When set up started I selected Install Now. I then received the following message "Windows could not retrieve information about the disk on this computer."

Should I have unpacked the iso file before burning it? if so, how do I do that? Thanks

I strongly recommend you start you own thread for your problem.  Although you did download the .ISO file, your problem is not the download.

Your problem is the disc you created.  I have no idea how you went about creating the disc, but you need to give details, in you own new thread, about exactly what steps you took to create your boot disc.

It is not proper internet forum etiquette to HANG a post on an existing thread for a situation that is not directly related to the original post or very, very closely related to it.

Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:19 PM
  • Sorry. It is my first post. I shall be more careful in the future.
    Sunday, February 03, 2013 11:21 PM
  • Gotta download it again, my bor's flashh drive worked last time but i burned my backup dvd too fast. gotta try again. thanks again. gona use my key when it's d/l'ed

Friday, February 08, 2013 1:09 PM
  • I want czech :(.
    Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:48 AM
  • I've tried this four times - Each time it says that I need to install drivers. (Using a USB, instead of a DVD/CD, as I've run out of re-writables, trying to fix my issues.)

I have no idea which drivers are needed, nor where to get them, and haven't been able to find anything that's helpful.

• Edited by Kytten Friday, March 08, 2013 8:36 AM
    Friday, March 08, 2013 8:33 AM
  • how can i download turkish version? . i have product key: win 7 home premium 64 bit 
    Friday, March 08, 2013 6:33 PM
  • how can i download Turkish?. i have a product key
    Friday, March 08, 2013 7:50 PM
  • You could just mount it with poweriso and install. No need to burn. But great thanks for the download links. I needed to go back to Win7 after I wasted time and money on Win8.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:39 AM
  • I have had far more luck with the Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.  You use a Windows 7 machine to run the app so it puts the proper windows 7 drivers on a USB Flash (4GB or larger).  It formats it, puts the ISO on for you and makes a single device that you can boot from.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT:

You must have the ability to determine where you boot from, i.e. Boot from USB Device, Boot from DVD, Boot from CD.  Those that do not /  can not change to a USB Flash Drive or DVD will not be able to take advantage of this.  Those were my two cents worth.  I load Windows 7 an average of 8 times a week on various computers as we upgrade from XP to Windows 7 x64.

• Edited by mpscouten Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:29 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:26 PM
  • i have product key behind my toshiba laptop. HARD DRIVE is damaged. can i recover my W7 Home premium without backup CD from :

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 with SP1 (bootable)

THANKS

Monday, April 15, 2013 11:36 AM
  • Download the appropriate Windows 7 .ISO file which includes Service Pack 1
    (Note: must match what your product key version is for)

Windows 7 Home Premium 32Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58996.iso
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

Windows 7 Professional 32Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59183.iso
    Windows 7 Professional 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59186.iso

Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59463.iso
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59465.iso

How to find out if I have a 32 or 64Bit version of Windows installed on my computer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit

After downloading the correct .iso file use ImgBurn or Gear ISO to create a bootable DVD.

ImgBurn - In addition to supporting the creation of Cds/DVDs from .ISO files,

Screen shots to help you use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=screenshots
    Burning ISO Images with ImgBurn article: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/G/Burning+ISO+Images+with+ImgBurn
    (The steps are the same for Windows 7 or Windows 8), except you are not creating a Repair disc but a full installation DVD)

Note: Always use high quality DVD+R media and the slowest burn speed (4x or 6x) if offered a choice.

Monday, April 15, 2013 2:12 PM
  • I used to say the same thing.  But you have to remember, the internet is NOT just for the USA.  I got chewed out for that.  Saransh Poddar is an Indian name.  He didn't do to bad considering that English is not his primary language.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Usually on the bottom of your computer.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:08 PM
  • I know this is an older post, but some of the new computers, like the one I just bought has the key hard coded in the system (hardware, not software) and doesn't come with a sticker any more.  In some ways, it is actually nice because my sticker usually gets rubbed off after a while and I can't read it any more.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:20 PM
  • hello and thank you for your help, i have an acer aspire 5750 and it died , so i needed to re install windows, i luckily found this page and was able to download the windows 7 home premium which came with the computer from here, i used my product key and everything seemed to work right expect a few major issues, 1. being i cannot access my control panel (i can open it, but no icons appear) 2. i can not delete anything 3. right click will not let me create/copy ect. im thinking i need to "activate it" to gain these actions, but right click doesn't show "properties" either for me to us on "computer" . i did go to the "acer" website to install all the drivers that were associated with this model and seemed to work fine , not just stuck not able to do anything at this point think you again for your help

• Edited by Mark_Ivan Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:00 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:55 PM
  • hello and thank you for your help, i have an acer aspire 5750 and it died , so i needed to re install windows, i luckily found this page and was able to download the windows 7 home premium which came with the computer from here, i used my product key and everything seemed to work right expect a few major issues, 1. being i cannot access my control panel (i can open it, but no icons appear) 2. i can not delete anything 3. right click will not let me create/copy ect. im thinking i need to "activate it" to gain these actions, but right click doesn't show "properties" either for me to us on "computer" . i did go to the "acer" website to install all the drivers that were associated with this model and seemed to work fine , not just stuck not able to do anything at this point think you again for your help

Mark,

If you really want your problem looked at I strongly suggest you start a new thread explaining your problem.  Old threads do not get the attention a new one does and frequently old threads are just browsed instead of being read carefully.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Try a dirrent browser (Firefox for example) and download the same file twice with slighly different suffice (......-01.iso  and -02.iso)

Then run "hash calc" http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/

and see if the hash values on the 2 .iso files match. Its possible your original download was corrupt.

Screen shots to help you use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=screenshots
    Burning ISO Images with ImgBurn article: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/G/Burning+ISO+Images+with+ImgBurn
    (The steps are the same for Windows 7 or Windows 8), except you are not creating a Repair disc but a full installation DVD)

Note: Always use high quality DVD+R media and the slowest burn speed (4x or 6x) if offered a choice.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:19 PM
  • The windows DVD (ANY of Them) DO NOT INCLUDE Drivers for your particular system, you need to provide these when windows is asking for them during an install ..... they can be downloaded from the computer or motherboard manufacturer website most of the time.

you need to have these drivers on a separate dvd or usb drive  Before you install Windows 7 and you CANNOT use a USB3 Port to do it .... you have to use a USB2 Port for the install as windows7 knows nothing about USB3 until you install drivers after the install.

• Proposed as answer by Azzitude1 Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:42 AM
  • I've tried this four times - Each time it says that I need to install drivers. (Using a USB, instead of a DVD/CD, as I've run out of re-writables, trying to fix my issues.)

I have no idea which drivers are needed, nor where to get them, and haven't been able to find anything that's helpful.

The windows DVD (ANY of Them) DO NOT INCLUDE Drivers for your particular system, you need to provide these when windows is asking for them during an install ..... they can be downloaded from the computer or motherboard manufacturer website most of the time.

you need to have these drivers on a separate dvd or usb drive  Before you install Windows 7 and you CANNOT use a USB3 Port to do it .... you have to use a USB2 Port for the install as windows7 knows nothing about USB3 until you install drivers after the install.

• Proposed as answer by Azzitude1 Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:44 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:44 AM
  • I was looking for the same. Thanks for the answer. I have an ACER Aspire 4810T with Windows Vista home premium.  Microsoft website says that it can be upgraded to Windows 7 free. But Windows 7 has to be first downloaded into a DVD or USB flash. I was looking for Windows 7 download from Microsoft, but it is nowhere found. Now I got it downloaded and already installed in my laptop. Everything works fine.  Once again, thanks. Great job.
    • Edited by Damuradha Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:30 PM
    Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:10 PM
  • "I've tried this four times - Each time it says that I need to install drivers. (Using a USB, instead of a DVD/CD, as I've run out of re-writables, trying to fix my issues.)

I have no idea which drivers are needed, nor where to get them, and haven't been able to find anything that's helpful."

Try your manufacturer's tech support site. Make sure you have the correct model and/or product number for your computer.

1. Download the drivers and save them to a flash drive or cd/dvd.

2. Try to install them from whichever media/device you used.

• Edited by Brian Rose Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:50 PM Forgot quote
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:49 PM
  • Hi there

My laptop have windowed 7 home premium x 64 installed. It is still working but would be stuck there for over 5 to 10 mins after log in and then back to normal.

There is only a recovery CD coming with the computer. Once recovered, everything on the hard drive will be wiped out.

Just wondering if I can download this bootable Window 7 DVD ISO and use it to Repair my system?

are there any license issues if I do that?
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:41 AM
  • Will the pre-installed windows 7 product key work with this .iso ?? or will it reject the key?? anyone know??

i have 3 laptops that i'd like to reformat..each came with pre-installed win. 7

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:22 PM
  • The pre-installed OEM product key will not activate or go "Non Genuine" shortly thereafter.  You need to use the product key that is on the laptop's sticker (usually on the bottom or inside the battery case).

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:33 PM
  • after using magical jelly bean key finder to find the key...do i use the product key or the cd key for the win 7 .iso installation? 
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:48 PM
  • Use the key that came with the CD.

A quick way to tell if MagicJellyBean reported the manufacture's product key is to copy the last 15 characters of the product key and do a Goggle search on the key, if Google returned a number of web sites then you either have manufacture's key. If Google returns no hits, then that key should match what is on your sticker.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:04 AM
  • i dont have a CD...just the product key stickers on each of my laptops .... 
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:18 AM

Windows 7 Home Premium 32Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58996.iso
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

Windows 7 Professional 32Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59183.iso
    Windows 7 Professional 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59186.iso

How to find out if I have a 32 or 64Bit version of Windows installed on my computer:

After downloading the correct .iso file use ImgBurn or Gear ISO to create a bootable DVD.

====================== Keyless Install ================================

How to perform a 'Keyless Install' of Windows:

Boot from the Windows 7 DVD disc you created and start the installation process.

After you enter user name and password you will be asked to: 'Type your Windows product key', do not enter a key.
    Also located just below the box where you would enter the key is a box with a check mark to 'Automatically activate Windows when I am online', remove the check mark and click 'Next'.

You will now have a 30 day grace period in which to activate Windows.

During this 30 day grace period you can try resolving your problems. 
    After you are satisfied all problems have been resovled then activate Windows.

====================== Device Drivers =================================

Go to your computer manufacture's support web site and check for Windows 7 drivers for your specific model number.

If there are Windows 7 drivers, then download to a folder on your hard drive and install all of them, starting with the Motherboard/chipset drivers, SATA, LAN, Audio, USB, Graphics, Webcam, Etc., and so on.

List of Computer Manufacturer's support sites:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/contact-support/computer-manufacturers

Tips for fixing common driver problems
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-fixing-common-driver-problems
    Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-driver-problems

Graphics/Video drivers:
    Check the Graphics card manufacture's download site for the most recent Windows 7 drivers for your card.
    ATI: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

================== How to Activate Windows 7 by Internet ==============

1) Click Start and in the Seach box type:   Activate 
    2) Click on the 'Activate Windows' option at the top of the list
    3) Click on 'Activate Windows online now'
    4) Enter your 25 character product key (not case sensitive)
    5) Click 'Next' and wait for the key to be verified.

Alternate Method - Reaching a real person:
    1) Click Start, and in the Search box type:   slui.exe  4
    2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
    3) Select your 'Country' from the list.
    4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
    5) Stay on the phone *** do not select/press any options *** and wait for a person to help you.
    6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.
    7) The support person should give you a confirmation ID, copy it down on paper,
    8) Verify the ID is correct by reading back to the support person.
    9) Enter the ID number and click 'Next' to finish the activation process.

Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx
    (This site is for Volume License Activation but if you call they will help you)

The phone number you called does not work:
    Microsoft Wordwide contacts: http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/default.aspx

Activation and registration of a Microsoft product
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326851
    Windows activation: (888) 571-2048

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:13 AM

====================== Keyless Install ================================

How to perform a 'Keyless Install' of Windows:

Boot from the Windows 7 DVD disc you created and start the installation process.

After you enter user name and password you will be asked to: 'Type your Windows product key', do not enter a key.
    Also located just below the box where you would enter the key is a box with a check mark to 'Automatically activate Windows when I am online', remove the check mark and click 'Next'.

You will now have a 30 day grace period in which to activate Windows.

During this 30 day grace period you can try resolving your problems. 
    After you are satisfied all problems have been resovled then activate Windows.

====================== Device Drivers =================================

Go to your computer manufacture's support web site and check for Windows 7 drivers for your specific model number.

If there are Windows 7 drivers, then download to a folder on your hard drive and install all of them, starting with the Motherboard/chipset drivers, SATA, LAN, Audio, USB, Graphics, Webcam, Etc., and so on.

List of Computer Manufacturer's support sites:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/contact-support/computer-manufacturers

Tips for fixing common driver problems
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-fixing-common-driver-problems
    Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-driver-problems

Graphics/Video drivers:
    Check the Graphics card manufacture's download site for the most recent Windows 7 drivers for your card.
    ATI: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
    NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

================== How to Activate Windows 7 by Internet ==============

1) Click Start and in the Seach box type:   Activate 
    2) Click on the 'Activate Windows' option at the top of the list
    3) Click on 'Activate Windows online now'
    4) Enter your 25 character product key (not case sensitive)
    5) Click 'Next' and wait for the key to be verified.

Alternate Method - Reaching a real person:
    1) Click Start, and in the Search box type:   slui.exe  4
    2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
    3) Select your 'Country' from the list.
    4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
    5) Stay on the phone *** do not select/press any options *** and wait for a person to help you.
    6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.
    7) The support person should give you a confirmation ID, copy it down on paper,
    8) Verify the ID is correct by reading back to the support person.
    9) Enter the ID number and click 'Next' to finish the activation process.

Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx
    (This site is for Volume License Activation but if you call they will help you)

The phone number you called does not work:
    Microsoft Wordwide contacts: http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/default.aspx

Activation and registration of a Microsoft product
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326851
    Windows activation: (888) 571-2048

why do you recommend waiting 30 days before activation/product key verification???

thanks for help

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:45 AM
  • It doesn't need to be exactly 30 day, but wait long enough that you are satisfied everything (hardware, software and Windows Updates) is working properly.

This saves you from the otherside of the coin when you activate immediately and then find out you need to re-install (bad hard drive or corrupted installation DVD for instance) and activate a second time. Each time you activate (especially too many times in too short a period) it gets harder to activate the product as you need to convince the person (Microsoft Tech) why you are activating soo frequently.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:18 AM
  • Hi are there any download link for the Greek iso files , and more specific for 32bit Home premium and 64 bit Professional.

Thanks in advance for  any help

Monday, July 15, 2013 8:03 AM
  • Thank you !
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:14 AM
  • I did everything as listed created a DVD.  The install started running but about a third way through I got an error code: 0x80070570.  Help?!  Now what do I do?
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Copied from --> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/installing-windows-7-error-0x80070570/44b72584-eab4-4dbb-a6ee-3874ec0d82b6

This issue is caused by either Bad Media (bad burn, scratches on the DVD, etc) or potentially DVD read issues during install.

We've seen success with copying the DVD to USB and creating a bootable USB drive, and sometimes with installing from Hard Disk instead of booting from the DVD.

Also, if you have downloaded the ISO from Digital River or Microsoft Store, try re-downloading and reburning the ISO and trying again.

This is usually media read issue.

• Edited by Sanjiegun Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:39 PM credit
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

May i ask you where i could find bootable OEM Win7 64bit in Polish version ?

thanks in advance

Friday, August 30, 2013 2:52 PM
  • You sir are a Steve Jobs in a sea of Bill Gates. Thank you.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:58 PM
  • can u give me the links to te PL-pl polish wersion of the windows 7 home premium x64 version, or where can i found it?
    Monday, September 09, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Dear Sir

I have not key

thanksn

Mohammad Ramzan

Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:34 PM
  • Dear Sir

I have not key

thanksn

Mohammad Ramzan

Windows keys are not free and they are not distributed in forums.

If you want a Windows key, you must purchase a legal copy of Windows 7 and the key will be with the legal copy.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:03 PM
  • I have tried downloading the Home Premium 64 bit iso dozens of times on four different computers and every one of the download attempts stops at 5%.  Any ideas?
    Monday, September 16, 2013 7:47 PM
  • I have tried downloading the Home Premium 64 bit iso dozens of times on four different computers and every one of the download attempts stops at 5%.  Any ideas?

mallen32

99.99% of the time the problem lies with your internet connection and route to the source of the download.

What type of internet connection do you have?

Monday, September 16, 2013 8:02 PM

mallen32

99.99% of the time the problem lies with your internet connection and route to the source of the download.

What type of internet connection do you have?

I've tried it over wireless connections, and wired connections.  I've also tried downloading it on our server, which is directly connected to the internet source. I'm on comcast business class, and my current download speeds are in the high 20mbps.
    Monday, September 16, 2013 8:25 PM
  • I've tried it over wireless connections, and wired connections.  I've also tried downloading it on our server, which is directly connected to the internet source. I'm on comcast business class, and my current download speeds are in the high 20mbps.

mallen32

Then there is something in your environment causing the download to be terminate; firewall setting, antivirus?

I am downloading a copy right now of Home Premium.  I am up to 20% and still going strong.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Excellent solution.  have been tearing my hair out with a problem laptop for days when I found this post. Needed to down load some extra drivers from manufacturers web site when finished - to get screen and wireless lan correct - but that was simple in comparison to the troubles I've had.

thanks.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:11 PM
  • You can find a Windows 7 Product Key by buying a legal copy of said software. If you go through any other method that is not through microsoft, it should not be trusted.

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:14 PM
  • I am afraid I cannot find pl-PL (Polish) version anywhere. Could you help me? Or is there no pl-PL version available for download?
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:34 AM
  • Perfect, thanks for the links - will help me sort out a laptop for a friend who lost their disks!
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:47 AM
  • those x86 are 64bit and x64 a 32bit?
    Friday, October 25, 2013 5:12 AM
  • no x64 is 64 bit, and x86 is 32 bit
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:28 PM
  • You will rarely obtain a usable key as you describe because the key in pre-installed OEM systems is not the same key as the sticker on the system.

===========

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64 looking to do a fresh install as I think the Acer image is corrupted. 

I ran Keyfinder to find as above CD Key number is different to sticker on side computer.
    also from Keyfinder: Installed from OEM Media.

Would either of the key number work with below iso or is OEM a different image?

Windows  7  Home Premium x64 with SP1 (bootable)
    X17-24209.iso

Thanks

=====

Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:07 PM
  • I tried the Image above and it stops with error "No devices drivers were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click Ok.

Couldn't find any drivers was using a USB DVD drive cable. I'll be guessing the computer out of warranty with Aser.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:27 PM
  • I need Windows 7 Home Premium Download (Turkish).

Can you give download link please?

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:15 AM
  • that is such a good idea, I actually dint have a usb but had a sd card instead.
    Friday, January 03, 2014 4:42 PM
  • plz give me link of windows xp iso (bootable)

Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:34 PM
  • ty for providing this link,it worked perfectely

i need link of windows xp iso(bootable) pls provide me

i have iso file downloaded from offical but its not bootable so..........plz provide me xp link

Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:37 PM
  • plz give me link of windows xp iso (bootable)

This is a WINDOWS 7 forum.  This is not a Windows XP forum!!

There is no link for the Windows XP installation .iso!

Friday, January 17, 2014 11:33 AM
  • ty for providing this link,it worked perfectely

i need link of windows xp iso(bootable) pls provide me

i have iso file downloaded from offical but its not bootable so..........plz provide me xp link

This is a WINDOWS 7 forum.  This is not a Windows XP forum!!

There is no link for the Windows XP installation .iso!

Friday, January 17, 2014 11:34 AM
  • I can not get this to download.  It shows it will take 5 hours is that correct or is there something I need to turn off?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 5:02 PM
  • The 64-bit .ISO is about 3.09 GB (3,320,903,680 bytes) and the 32-bit .ISO is about 2.38 GB (2,564,476,928 bytes) so the download time will depend on the speed of your internet connection.

Monday, March 10, 2014 6:31 PM
  • I am not able to download the .iso file. It only downloads few MBs and then stops. Any idea what could the issue be?
    Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:46 AM
  • I am not able to download the .iso file. It only downloads few MBs and then stops. Any idea what could the issue be?

Mohd. Hussain

The problem is your internet connection and there is nothing anyone in this forum can do to fix your internet connection.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:50 PM
  • The links all say "The page or file you requested could not be provided."

Anyone know where some good links are? I want to clean install windows 7 home premium 64-bit without the dell software preloaded.

Monday, March 31, 2014 1:08 PM
  • It has been posted that Microsoft has removed the links to download Windows 7 .ISO files.

No longer available at this time.  Nothing about whether they will be available again in the future or not.

Monday, March 31, 2014 4:01 PM
  • in sony viao i have win 7 home premium geniue licience when i installed this sp1 there is a dialoge coming that unexpected error aqnd don;t install it 

Friday, April 04, 2014 11:28 AM
  • Tks for the links! It´s very helpful!
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:04 PM
  • I have a couple of security concerns with these links provided. 

1.) Why are these not found on the Microsoft or Digital River site (finding it on an open forum seems not a secure way of obtaining)? 

2.) Why is the link not an https secured link?

I have a COA for Home Premium x64 but, I do not feel secure in using links on a social forum is there a secure way of doing this through MSFT or Digital River?  I want to re-image my PC but, the Dell factory partition fails and, I'd like to do a clean install minus the bloatware.

Thanks in advance

• Edited by Larry1135 Sunday, June 08, 2014 6:02 PM
    Sunday, June 08, 2014 2:11 PM
  • Windows 7 Home Premium x86 with SP1 (bootable)
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24208.iso

Windows  7  Home Premium x64 with SP1 (bootable)
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso

After downloading the .iso file use ImgBurn or Gear ISO to create a bootable DVD.

ImgBurn - In addtion to supporting the creation of Cds/DVDs from .ISO files,

Download and install Gear ISO burn (Free):
    http://www.gearsoftware.com/GEAR-ISO-Burn.php

Note: Always use the slowest burn speed (4x or 2x) if offered a choice.

Hello,

I am searching for a english ISO home premium, and i used the link you give them.

But after downloading, and using the official Windows USB-TOOL, i get an error valid iso, try to use a valid iso, so my question is witch software is able to do it to???

Saturday, July 26, 2014 10:41 AM
  • I have a product key for Windows 7 Home Premium O (from the sticker on the computer). I downloaded the ISO and am at the point where it is asking for the keg. I enter it, but it says it is not a valid key. (I have checked, double checked, and triple checked that I've typed it correctly.. The computer is a few years old, and I'm wondering if the original version of Windows installed on it didn't have SP1 and that's why the product key isn't working. Is that possible? Is there somewhere to download a version without SP1?
    Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:07 PM
  • Thank you :)
    Monday, August 04, 2014 2:49 PM
  • hi,

i am trying to follow your instructions, but im a little confused. when i click on the windows 7 home premium x64 with sp1 (bootable) link, when downloaded, it opens up in roxio easy media creator, and it prompts me to burn the dvd right away. I clicked on save file and all but cant find it on my system. Am I missing something? is that link the link for the image or is it soemthing else. I have a product key but it hasnt ask me anywhere where I need to input it

Monday, September 15, 2014 1:17 AM