none
Win 8 Pro keeps asking for credentials on network shares connected to domain.

Question

• Hello I setup win 8 pro on my laptop and connected it to my domain at my office. I configured everything just as I did with my 7 machined including network shares.

While at the office the network shares worked perfectly. No asking for username and password everything shared correctly. I packed up the laptop and went home. I VPN into my office network and now every share is asking for the username and password. I have no idea why.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joseph

• Edited by MrMadGig Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please use the credential which you login at the office to create the VPN connection.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:54 AM

All replies

• I have found the problem however not sure how to stop it from happening.

The problem occurs in the VPN PPP connection. When you save the credentials for the VPN they get saved in the Windows Credential Manager under the Windows section and they are in the *session  it just so happens if your VPN username and password are different than your session logon Windows uses that instead of the correct credentials. If I delete the credentials from the manager everything works fine.

So can anyone point me in the direction on how to change this?

Thank you

Joseph

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Hi,

Please use the credential which you login at the office to create the VPN connection.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:54 AM