none
problem with default gateway

Question

• I have 2 networks conected to my vista  computer 1 is a simple internet conection and the other is a printer network with static IP all worked fine then when i instaled Vista SP1 from windows update the printer network displayes limited of no conetion. when i look at the ip seting the default gatway ip is missing so i replaced it but the ne work comes up identifiying network then goes back to limited or no conection when i checked default gateway the ip was missing again. unistaled sp1 and it workes fine again can someone please help.
    Monday, April 07, 2008 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Bernie, thank you very much for posting the issues of installing Vista SP1.

If possible, could you post the output of "ipconfig/all" before and after you install SP1 here to help dianose the issue?

Monday, April 07, 2008 5:43 PM
  • I just had the same problem, however, I do not have service pack 1 installed. I've been using vista for a little more than a year and this is the first time its happened. I had "limited connectivity" and checked my network settings and my default gateway was missing. I replaced the gateway and everything is fine again. Very strange.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:10 PM