none
windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server)

Question

• For some reason I can conct to the internet using  my ethernet port  but when I try to use my wireless I got the message "windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server)"

I have no problems using my other wireless  computers. I checked the properties of of my wireless card and is set to Authomaticaly get the dns. I also compared it to my other computers  an everything seems the same.

I am using a window 7, toshiba

Friday, February 04, 2011 10:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can refer the link below and follow the steps mentioned by Shekhar S posted fix the issue:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network/thread/9043f785-2f4e-4cc1-adf5-6ba5ca413749

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, February 07, 2011 6:44 AM
  • If you are sure that you do not have a virus. Check your Antivirus software. It may be corrupted or the firewall may be preventing your services from allowing it to connect to the internet. Security programs like ZoneAlarm, Safenet, and other Vpn, software may be blocking your system from accessing the internet. If you are unable to connect to the internet via, wifi or cable. And if you are unable to create a restore point or revert to a restore point. I have seen a few security sensitive programs that will actually block you from doing so. So definitely check for those, and if encountered either disable o remove the program.
    Monday, August 20, 2012 4:46 PM