none
Can't boot vista installation disk off my acer 5920g laptop

Question

• After initial bootup of Vista disk, it goes straight to the black screen with the under title "Windows is loading files", but this does not appear to happening. I wait and wait but it goes no further. It seems at this point the disc drive is not running. It runs till the point where windows files is loading is shown then stops. The white line at the bottom goes from left side to the right side (full) while stating loading then it stops. Have tried several times by restarting the installation, but always the same - straight back to the black screen - loading files - nothing else happens.  Is there anyone out there with any ideas or methods to get me up and running again? Thank you

Monday, February 20, 2012 12:33 PM

All replies

• This issue can happen with lots of different causes.

I would recommend you to 

1. Unplug all the usb devices, Get a different Windows installation Disc and check.

2. Change your SATA Mode to Compatible

3. Check your RAM Drive with Memtest given from the Multi-Boot Menu (F8), right before the Windows booting screen.

"Everything we do is dictated by motive."

Monday, February 20, 2012 6:21 PM
  • Thanks for your advice. I will try what you've suggested. I've tried a number of different startup discs ie: Acer system and recovery discs, vista recovery discs, Microsoft Diagnostic and Recovery Tool; I've even tried loading vista from a memory stick and they've all ended with the same result. Just to make sure that they were all in good working manner, I've checked them on another computer running windows 7 and all of them have loaded and worked fine. BTW the only disc that seems to load is Hiren's UBCD and it works like a dream. I've used the F8 command and loaded in safe mode w/networking and it seems to have worked, but with no restore points any suggestions as to how to prevent this from happening again in the future. Thanks again for your reply....I really hope I can save this laptop because I'd feellost without it.
    Monday, February 20, 2012 9:04 PM