none
My windows 8 pro product key doesn't work after a clean installation

Question

• Hello frnds,I have a dell inspiron laptop and it was pre installed with windows 7 home premium..Then,I upgraded my Pc to windows 8 pro.,Due to some problem with my hard drive malfunctioning i had to format it and clean install my laptop to windows 8 pro,with my windows 8 cd..Now my laptop asks for activation.I have used my windows 8 product key that i used to upgrade from windows 7 home prem..It shows that the key that i used was to upgrade,and not for clean installation,,,Plz help me with this problem..
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:15 PM

Answers

• Thank u..but i had my problem fixed in a slightly different way,,..I have used the windows 8 pro upgrader software in my unlisenced windows 8 pro system...Now the software has done the rest of the job by upgrading to a lisenced windows 8 pro...The earlier system files were stored in windows.old folder,,be sure to delete those files with disk clean up application once you have upgraded....Thank you forum for help me solve this problem,,Thank you very much.....
    Monday, January 21, 2013 12:49 PM

All replies

• Try to do activation by phone. In activation page chose phone and select your country and follow steps .

You could also contact Microsoft Support in your country.

Friday, January 18, 2013 4:38 AM
  • Thank u..but i had my problem fixed in a slightly different way,,..I have used the windows 8 pro upgrader software in my unlisenced windows 8 pro system...Now the software has done the rest of the job by upgrading to a lisenced windows 8 pro...The earlier system files were stored in windows.old folder,,be sure to delete those files with disk clean up application once you have upgraded....Thank you forum for help me solve this problem,,Thank you very much.....
    Monday, January 21, 2013 12:49 PM