none
No sound on windows 7(64-bit)

Question

• Hey, anybody willing to help.

I tried many tutorials here and on the other forums, but none of that worked. I still have no sound. While playing songs I can see audio "wave" or whatever, but I can't hear any sound. Also I'm sure my speakers are working correctly, they've worked five hours ago, when I still had windows xp. So does anyone know how to fix it?
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 8:27 PM

Answers

• Sorry for doubleposting, but I just wanted to notify you, that I've found the solution for my problem. I had to delete all the data I had before on my pc including old windows xp, and after that I added sound with no problems.

Anyway thanks for your help. ;)
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, December 28, 2009 9:28 AM
    Friday, December 25, 2009 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hey, anybody willing to help.

I tried many tutorials here and on the other forums, but none of that worked. I still have no sound. While playing songs I can see audio "wave" or whatever, but I can't hear any sound. Also I'm sure my speakers are working correctly, they've worked five hours ago, when I still had windows xp. So does anyone know how to fix it?

You need to provide information about you hardware environment.  No sound is too generic and virtually impossible to diagnose!

Please post information about your exact hardware and software environment!
    Friday, December 25, 2009 12:09 AM
  • If there is no sound, the issue usually can be caused by the following facts:

1. Improper sound card driver.

2. Incorrect volume control.

3. Corrupted speaker.

4. Corrupted media.

Here are some suggestions you can try:

1. Open Device Manager and verify whether there is an exclamation mark or question mark beside sound adapter. If so, please right click it and update driver.

2. Verify whether Speaker cable and power setting are correct. Meanwhile, please replace a speaker or headphone to check the result.

3. Verify Volume Control settings and increase the volume to "Master Volume".

What's the result?

Thanks,

Novak

Friday, December 25, 2009 1:22 AM
  • I had the same problem on a HP desktop 7600 I use at work. The Windows 7 drivers didn't exist. I had to download and install a Vista 64-bit driver to get it working. I know it's lame, but Windows 7 is still young and there are bound to be some hard ware issues that slipped through the cracks at Microsoft.
    Friday, December 25, 2009 2:33 AM
  • @lucidgreen:

Are you using a HP dc7600? Because it uses a Realtek audio chipset, which should have been installed with Windows. Although newer drivers can be found at http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    Friday, December 25, 2009 4:13 AM
  • So what kind of informations do you need?

Here are the basics:

Processor Athlon (tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.20Ghz
    Installed memory(RAM): 2.00GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System

EDIT-
    "3. Verify Volume Control settings and increase the volume to "Master Volume"."
    What do you mean by Master Volume?
    Nothing of above didn't work.
    And while installing game it said that sound card is installed, while checking the pc requirements. But still no sound.

Friday, December 25, 2009 9:00 AM
  • Sorry for doubleposting, but I just wanted to notify you, that I've found the solution for my problem. I had to delete all the data I had before on my pc including old windows xp, and after that I added sound with no problems.

Anyway thanks for your help. ;)
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, December 28, 2009 9:28 AM
    Friday, December 25, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Wish I could help you given that I have the same problem. In fact, many people are looking for the solution to this all over the internet. Realtek onboard audio doesn't want to work with windows 7. Get good voice and audio when I play a CD game. Get sound when I run the speaker test on the Reaktek Audio Manager speaker configuration tab. But I have no sounds with anything that runs through Windows Media Player. No system sounds either. Don't know if they run through Windows Media Player or not. Can see signal in volume control when trying to play a music CD but no sound to speakers.

Have a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Motherboard, AMD Phenom 9750  Quad Core with 4G of memory. Tried the very newest drivers from both Gigabyte and Realtek.  Speakers set as default output device and connected correctly. Called Gigabyte on the phone and they suggested it was a Windows problem. Duh. I suspect it's only a Windows problem because their onboard audio is not compatible with Windows 7. Particularly, Windows Media Player. 

Noticed in Device Manager "Resources by connection" view, that the High Definition Audio Controller shares an IRQ with 2  Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controllers. While no conflicts are noted it may still be a problem. Windows won't allow changing resource settings.  Will take a look in CMOS and see if I can change an IRQ there. Other than that, I have to assume the audio codec and/or the controller and/or the Bios are incompatible with Windows 7.  Hate like heck to buy an audio card but that seems to be the only solution until Gigabyte, Realtek or Microsoft come up with a fix.

Friday, January 01, 2010 8:35 PM
  • Easy fix: uninstall the sound drive and reinstall using the original CD. Let me know if this doesn't work...
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 1:42 AM
  • I have issues with sound in Windows x64 Ultimate as well!

The hardware works perfect with any Windows 7 x86 version, but as soon as I try a x64 one I have problems and serious issues. I can hear the Windows "boot/login sound", I can hear a few seconds of sound from any source once in Windows but after that everything is dead silent?!

Setup:
    HP Pavilion d4895.se with Creative X-Fi ExtremeMusic soundcard, drivers installaed from Creative support - They don't show up as non-working in Device Manager, Diagnostics on the Sound and Card is run with Ok response.

If I switch back to x86 Windows 7 - I get sound (all the time), booting back to x64 I have the same all over again, sound for 5-10 seconds after Windows have started then nothing.

I have tried Win7 x86 Home, Ultimate, Business & Enterprise -- Ok sound
    I have tried Win7 x64 Home, Ultimate, Business & Enterprise -- Not Ok sound (10 sec of sound just after a fresh reboot doesn't count as Ok in my book)

System setup:
    AMD 5600+
    Latest BIOS
    4GB RAM
    500GB SATA (Win7 x86 ENG)
    500GB Internal USB-Dock/Removable HD(Files)
    300GB SATA (Win7 x64 ENG)
    Creative X-Fi eXtremmusic
    nVidia 8800 graphics
    ASUS Tiger TV-tuner
    Netgear PCI GB-Lan
    CD/DVD Burner (SATA)
    BD reader (SATA)
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:08 PM