none
Installing Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 on Virtual PC Running on Windows 7 Enterprise Edition?

Question

• The catch to this is that I cannot install the integration components until the service pack is installed.  Therefore, how do I move the SP3 .exe file to my Windows 7 desktop to my Virtual PC.  I was advised to enable NAT under networking in the Virtual PC settings.  What are my next steps?  How do I see the file from my virtual pc so I can install it?  That question is my first priority.

My second, if allowed in this forum, is how to change my mouse settings so I can utilize the mouse pointer outside the virtual machine as well as in.  I believe I clicked okay by accident when this setting came up and I would like to know how to reverse that.

Thank you very much.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:08 AM

All replies

• Just download SP3 from here

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24

This is intended for IT pros but works as a download to a single computer when needed.  You may safely disregard the advisory.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

• Edited by Cbarnhorst Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:20 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:36 AM
  •  

My second, if allowed in this forum, is how to change my mouse settings so I can utilize the mouse pointer outside the virtual machine as well as in.  I believe I clicked okay by accident when this setting came up and I would like to know how to reverse that.

Thank you very much.

That should happen automatically when you install the intergration components.
    Bill
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:37 AM