none
Laptops get wireless or wired card disabled after sleep or hibernate. How to set in GPO.

Question

• Laptops get wireless or wired card disabled after sleep or hibernate. Seams that the problem is located in the Group Policy that disables the network card to save power. When this option is removed the GP enables on boot. Without WLAN or LAN available it is impossible to remote support. This is a widespread úrgent issue.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, you can do as follwoing guide that do not let network card disabled after sleep or hbernate.

1.Click on the Start button. Right-click on "My Computer" for XP and "Computer" for Vista and Windows 7 users.

2.Select "Manage." Hit "Continue" if you are using Vista or Windows 7. This will open a new window titled "Computer Management."

3.Click on "Device Manager" located on the left panel of the "Computer Management" window.

4.Click on the little "+" next to "Network adapters" to expand it.

5.Right-click on your wireless network adapter and select "Properties."

6.Click on the "Power Management" tab.

7.Clear the check mark next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." This will maintain a steady Internet connection even when your computer is in its sleep mode.

Also, based on my research from Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Power Management, I did not find any related policies that can be configure to enable network card after PC go to sleep and hibernate. If I am wrong, please point out my mistake.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:54 AM