none
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to 32 bit

Question

• I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit version on my Lenovo y560 laptop with two drives "C"(420 GB) and "D"(30 GB).
    There is a recovery option that comes along with the laptop to recover windows 7 64 bit version if anything gets corrupted in the OS.
    I want to install Windows 7 32 bit version but I have the below questions

1. If I go with fresh installation of windows 7 32 bit by removing windows 7 64 bit version, will recovery of windows 7 64 bit version work as usual and can I recover to windows 7 64 bit once I am done with windows 7 32 bit.

2. If I go with dual boot what will happen to recovery, will recovery contain windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Not worried about any data.

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the recovery source has been saved in disk C, it will lose during installing Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Of course, we cannot recovery the 64-bit version system anymore.

If the recovery source isn’t affected during installing the new system or dual boot system. We still can use this source to recover the system.

Generally, OEM should save recovery source file into a protected space. You should contact Lenovo Support first before doing.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:37 AM

All replies

• The questions you are asking are not something Microsoft has anything to do with.  Retail Windows does not have a Recovery option!

These are OEM options/configurations and you must contact Lenova to get the correct answer "straight from the horses mouth."

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

If the recovery source has been saved in disk C, it will lose during installing Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. Of course, we cannot recovery the 64-bit version system anymore.

If the recovery source isn’t affected during installing the new system or dual boot system. We still can use this source to recover the system.

Generally, OEM should save recovery source file into a protected space. You should contact Lenovo Support first before doing.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:37 AM