none
Remove "How do I log on to another domain" from Logon Screen

Question

• We only have one domain.  We would like to remove the link below the username / password  that says "How do I log on to another domain"
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:07 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• What are you talking about exactly?
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:31 PM
  • I have uploaded a screen shot.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:07 PM
  • I see what your saying now.

My guess is there might be simple setting to get rid of it.

If not, than I bet you might have to change some code within the backend settings file, not sure which file that holds the login information text. If you do find it, im sure it's just a simple change.

You could research it else where "How do I change my login information in windows 7?"

Here is one website I found "h t t p://www.techspot.com/guides/224-change-logon-screen-windows7/ "

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:47 PM
  • I did some more digging around on it.  I was hopping for an easy GPO / Registry setting.  It looks like this is coded with in the authui.dll  / StringID 13015.   http://www.win7dll.info/authui_dll.html

I also thought about changing the background just like the article you sent states.  But with this you have to deal with the screen resolution.   So for it to work on all machines, I will have to create mutiple files for the screen resoultion.    Not sure which route I am going to take.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Try setting default domain with group policy

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

Assign a default domain for logon“.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend you leave it. It also shows how to log on with the local user account. And there is no option to remove the link.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 28, 2012 3:02 AM