none
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005

Question

• When IE8 quit opening links that include target="_blank" I found a suggestion to run regsvr32 actxprxy.dll.  Unfortunately I get "The module "actxprxy.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

Win7 Home premium, 64 bit

Can anyone help on either issues?

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 9:02 PM

Answers

• Run the regsvr32 command from an  elevated Command Prompt. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Type the command.

Ramesh Srinivasan | The Winhelponline Blog
    Microsoft MVP, Windows Desktop Experience
    Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:39 AM

All replies

• Run the regsvr32 command from an  elevated Command Prompt. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Type the command.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Run the regsvr32 command from an elevated Command Prompt. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Type the command.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:43 AM
  • I just wanted to thank you.  I searched for this same regsrv32 problem, but for a different DLL on the Internet and got to this thread.  I did exactly as you said and everything worked.

Thanks,

Bill F

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 3:02 PM

• Mesmo executando como Administrador, permanece SITUAÇÃO. Logo ESTOU utilizando:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bits.
    • O Projeto C # utilizando ESTA UM WEBSERVICE com o Quadro 4.0.

• Edited by Debastiani Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:11 PM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:04 PM