none
BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ATIKMDAG.SYS)

Question

• Hi, I was using my laptop just fine then suddenly BSOD appeared and I can no longer sign-in. I hope someone can help me.

My laptop is originally Windows 7 then I changed it to Windows 8 and recently upgraded it to Windows 8.1.

BSOD states this error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ATIKMDAG.SYS)

Maybe these files might help you guys diagnose the problem:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=58D100D5B3125DD0!1491&authkey=!AI8RwsBK1267bN8&ithint=folder%2c

I hope someone can help me about this. Thank you very much!

Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:24 PM

Answers

• Naveyshrehs

This was a memory issue Related to atikmdag.sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver.  I would start by re-installing the newest driver and if that doesnt work revert back a generation to an older one.  If you still continue to crash I would run driver verifier and upload the DMP's from it

Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

If you are having any problems or get stuck at any point feel free to ask questions

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
    If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
    Co-Authored by  JMH3143

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, December 21, 2013 5:44 PM

All replies

• Same thing happened to me. I just upgraded mine from Windows 8 to 8.1 (Original OS was Windows 7).

Followed the above instruction, here are the links:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=58D100D5B3125DD0!1491&authkey=!AI8RwsBK1267bN8&ithint=folder%2c

I hope someone can help me about this. Thanks!

Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Naveyshrehs

This was a memory issue Related to atikmdag.sys ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver.  I would start by re-installing the newest driver and if that doesnt work revert back a generation to an older one.  If you still continue to crash I would run driver verifier and upload the DMP's from it

Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

If you are having any problems or get stuck at any point feel free to ask questions

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
    If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
    Co-Authored by  JMH3143

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, December 21, 2013 5:44 PM