none
No internet Access, Unidentified Network or Limited Access in Windows 7

Question

• Hi all,

I am having three options to connect internet on my laptop,

LAN

WIFI

USB DATA CARD (Dongle or USB Modem)

They all are working fine. Now the problem I am facing is no internet Access, Unidentified Network or Limited Access on daily basis.

I have tried my best possible solution to correct this problem. 

• Reset wireless device
    • Reset firewall because it is a gateway for internet
    • I have manually assigned IP address
    • Update NIC Driver for all.
    • Checked with IP address that it is not a 169.254.x.x. address.
    • Obtain IP address Automatically 
    • ipconfig /flushdns
    • ipconfig /registerdns
    • ipconfig /release
    • Ipconfig /renew
    • Provided Google DNS server address
    • Checked the host file
    • Reinstalled Win 7 by formatting partition.

when the problems comes either I have to Disable and enable Wifi to correct this problem or I have to restart the system. This problem is still on the Win 7 OS but when i disable and enable the wifi from device manger and the yellow mark disappears & it works fine until the system is not restarted.

But One day when I using data card the same problem arise this time no internet access by data card (I checked the data card in other system it works fine). I disconnected the connection and reconnect it but same problem no internet access finally I restarted the system and trying to reconnect it again this time I again access to the internet.

Can anyone tell me what is the main reason behind the NO INTERNET ACCESS????

Saturday, January 19, 2013 2:38 PM

Answers

• Make sure your Windows OS is up-to-date with latest patch by using windows update, and also scan your laptop with up-to-date antivirus and anti-malware tools. 

In addition, you could try to use this ping tool to troubleshoot this network problem too.

Hope this helps.

Monday, January 21, 2013 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error "no internet access" is related to the driver of this NIC card. And I noticed that you disable and enable it from device manager, so I suggest you to update the driver to the latest version at first.

"no internet access, unidentify" is two problems: no internet connection and cannnot find the DNS server.

If you can ping any internet addresses or you can nslookup any address, then this problem is probably related to the wireless card. You may need to consider change the wireless card to another one if the driver is the latest version for the OS system.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Annie

• Marked as answer by Jayant Sagar Monday, January 21, 2013 9:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jayant Sagar Monday, January 21, 2013 9:40 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Hi Annie,

thank u but this is not related to wireless card I am facing this problem in 2 other similar laptops with same configuration with win7 installed.

If it is related to wireless card than what about the USB Modem from which I connect the internet soon after 5 minutes the icon turns to yellow mark and when i open network & Sharing options it will show no internet access & once I restarted the system the problem of no internet access will not come again untill I shutdown and start it again.

Thanks

Regards,

Jayant Sagar

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Make sure your Windows OS is up-to-date with latest patch by using windows update, and also scan your laptop with up-to-date antivirus and anti-malware tools. 

In addition, you could try to use this ping tool to troubleshoot this network problem too.

Hope this helps.

Monday, January 21, 2013 2:58 PM