none
programs not responding vista home premium sometimes it says due to long running script

Question

• this problem is continuous even on my other laptop but on here even trying to look at the related topic was unable it said due to long running script  tried every bit of advice given by others on here and results the same it as made my life a nightmare trying to use Facebook with my friends or play farmville etc please help

Friday, February 08, 2013 9:08 AM

All replies

• For Internet Explorer type Reset in Start - Help and Support and look at how to reset Internet Explorer.

It might be caused by a third party program.
    Try clean boot troubleshooting.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

--
    --
    "michael william smith" wrote in message news:c6d9f3ac-b25c-4c42-933c-e3ef62b0db1f...

this problem is continuous even on my other laptop but on here even trying to look at the related topic was unable it said due to long running script  tried every bit of advice given by others on here and results the same it as made my life a nightmare trying to use Facebook with my friends or play farmville etc please help

David Candy
    Friday, February 08, 2013 11:45 PM
  • For Internet Explorer type Reset in Start - Help and Support and look at how to reset Internet Explorer.

It might be caused by a third party program.
    Try clean boot troubleshooting.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

--
    --
    "michael william smith" wrote in message news:c6d9f3ac-b25c-4c42-933c-e3ef62b0db1f...

this problem is continuous even on my other laptop but on here even trying to look at the related topic was unable it said due to long running script  tried every bit of advice given by others on here and results the same it as made my life a nightmare trying to use Facebook with my friends or play farmville etc please help

David Candy
    Friday, February 08, 2013 11:46 PM
  • It might be caused by a shell extension.

Explorer is built on addin programs called Shell Extensions. The standard ones are supplied by Microsoft but programs add their own.

Download
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
    • Close any Explorer windows
    • Start ShExView by right clicking and choose Run As Administrator
    • Disable all non Microsoft shell extensions
    • Click Start. Ctrl + Shift + Right click a blank spot (just above the power buttons is one place) then Exit Explorer.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + Escape
    • Check all explorer processes are closed. On the Process tab select explorer and right click and choose End Process, repeat if more than one explorer in the list.
    • Click the File menu then New Task (Run) and type explorer

and if it helps, reenable one by one to identify which one.

--
    --

David Candy
    Friday, February 08, 2013 11:46 PM