none
Tascam US-122

Question

• I don't suppose anyone has come across a Tascam US-122 driver(s) that will work with Windows 7?  That is my last piece of hardware to get working, and would be a shame to have to put that on my 'list of things I'll have to replace' come the end of the year :)
    Friday, January 16, 2009 5:10 PM

Answers

• While this may be obvious to everyone else, it wasn't to me, so I'll post what finally worked.

I had already downloaded the drivers Choto had directed me to, and they didn't work.  Luckily I'm a big 'right-click' fan, and happened to right-click on the driver exe to see what the options were (besides run as admin) and saw a 'troubleshoot compatibility', and picked it.

That's a pretty slick tool.  Answer a few questions, since the driver I downloaded is 'supposed' to work with Vista, I selected 'worked with previous version of windows' and selected 'Vista' as the previous version (even though my personal experience was only with XP).  It ran and installed like a champ, including the control panel addition it's supposed to add to adjust the latency and what not.  Plugged the device in, it found it, fired up the keyboard, seems to work just fine.

Hopefully they put a hook into that trouble shoot after a failed install to help direct you to and through it before release.  That's a pretty nice tool.
    • Marked as answer by asfaraslarry Saturday, January 17, 2009 12:38 PM
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this your devices ? It does have drivers for Windows Vista, hence I would request you to try to install the drivers (available on their web site) via Device Manager !!!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658 <- How to work with device manager.

It should work out.

Thanks.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 7:37 PM
  • I downloaded the 3.4 vista/xp driver that is listed there.  It comes with an executable (not expanded drivers I can just point to).  When I run the exe, I get a "Can't install on this version of Windows".

So I'm not really sure what link I'm supposed to be clicking on to download drivers at the site, then, if they claim it'll work just fine with Vista64 :(
    Friday, January 16, 2009 7:41 PM
  • While this may be obvious to everyone else, it wasn't to me, so I'll post what finally worked.

I had already downloaded the drivers Choto had directed me to, and they didn't work.  Luckily I'm a big 'right-click' fan, and happened to right-click on the driver exe to see what the options were (besides run as admin) and saw a 'troubleshoot compatibility', and picked it.

That's a pretty slick tool.  Answer a few questions, since the driver I downloaded is 'supposed' to work with Vista, I selected 'worked with previous version of windows' and selected 'Vista' as the previous version (even though my personal experience was only with XP).  It ran and installed like a champ, including the control panel addition it's supposed to add to adjust the latency and what not.  Plugged the device in, it found it, fired up the keyboard, seems to work just fine.

Hopefully they put a hook into that trouble shoot after a failed install to help direct you to and through it before release.  That's a pretty nice tool.
    • Marked as answer by asfaraslarry Saturday, January 17, 2009 12:38 PM
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 12:38 PM
  • ATTENTION US122 USERS I GOT IT WORKING!

step 1 go get the us122-driver v 3.40  from http://www.tascam.com/products/us-122.html after it's on your desktop right click and select properties and select compatability to windows2000 and save.. disconect hardware before install,, install and DO NOT RESTART YET (click not at this time)! Plug 122 in and it will begin to install but it will say it was unsucessful but dont worry about that.. now click the little speaker on the bottom near the clock and select "ply back device" and enable the us122 on playback and recording.  Now restart!  you should be up and running..

after the install you will get a message bout updating 1833 or 18yy from the device manager just click ok and ignore that message....

enjoy my friends!

Mike

Monday, May 25, 2009 11:17 PM
  • I managed to get this far, i installed the drivers above and everything installs but i'm suffering from what sounds like latency problems now. I can adjust the latency to the lowest setting in the control panel, but i still get crackling on playback. I've even tried the same process with all the other drivers available for the us122 on the Tascam website. I've tried disabling any other onboard sound devices or anything i thought may be conflicting in the BIOS, but i still get problems with shutting down my PC (which i'm not too bothered about, even though it's a pain in the ____) and this weird latency thing.

Anyone else tried anything else?
    Monday, July 27, 2009 12:13 PM
  • tousand thanx your trick work as a charm asflaraslarry  i was going to install back win xp :)

Friday, August 14, 2009 3:51 AM
  • I still cant get this working, tried both the above suggestions. It lets me install it after using the 'troubleshoot compatibility' option using vista as the system, but when I plug in the device and it tries to install the driver it fails, and I cant use the sound card in win7 and cubase is not finding it at all. This sucks. Might to all the way back to vista x86 where it worked fine....
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:59 PM
  • Thanks Sir! Was having the same issue and this resolved it :-)
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:39 PM
  • I tried this and it gets the device hooked up and working but it causes 2 unnaceptable problems to my windows 7 computer- the computer shuts itself off after about an hour of inactivity and when manually shutting down or restarting, the computer freezes in shut down mode. Only after uninstalling the driver does my computer get back to normal.
    Tuesday, December 01, 2009 3:17 AM
  • Drat,

Did you unplug the device before trying to shut down? I found even on my XP machines, I had to unplug it before trying to shut down or sleep in any way, so that's not a problem unique to Win 7.
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:03 PM
  • Many Many thanks! I recently upgraded to win 7 and had the same installation problems but i installed it using the compatability mode suggested here on this forum and it now works fine.  Thanks again for all your help!!
    Monday, January 25, 2010 2:24 PM
  • So I was able to get the US 122 working with my windows 7. BUT I cant seem to get Cubasis to recognize it. and while trying to play my keyboard through the midi. it now has serious serious latency issues. WHAT SHOULD I DO? please help.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:16 PM
  • You are freakin' amazing thank you thank you thank you!!!!
    Monday, April 18, 2011 6:05 PM
  • mate, thankyou for this. just got a new notebook with windows 7 and was staring down the barrel at buying another preamp, so you've saved me. cheers!
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:06 AM
  • Tascam now has a driver for Windows 7 which also works in Windows 8 I just did it

http://tascam.com/product/us-144mkii/downloads/

US-144 mkii is same as US-122 except for 2 extra digital inputs on the unit.

Had a terrible time with the Vista driver don't use it.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 4:51 AM
  • not working for me. even when i changed the correct usb pid in the .inf file (added line
    %USB\VID_1604&PID_8007.DeviceDesc%=USBDRIVER.Dev, USB\VID_1604&PID_8007

it installed correctly but told me device cannot start, code (i guess 52) - the firmware has incorrect security signature. i guess i can trash it. bye, tascam.

i am on win7x64 ultimate.

btw, i installed also the old vista x64 driver as described here, but also had latency 380ms, cracks, drops.

anyone other had real luck with it? maybe if i can reflash the firmware of it :)

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:09 PM