none
How do I get Windows 7 Graphic driver for the Intel 82845G Graphics Controller

Question

• Windows does not seem to recognize the Intel adapter as it shows only a VGA Save adapter. I have gone to Intel and they don't show a driver for Windows 7.

Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:02 PM

Answers

• Try installing the XP driver in compatability mode.  It worked for me.
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 06, 2009 7:12 AM
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:17 PM
  • You will need to go buy a new dedicated video card if the XP driver doesn't work...
    There is no Vista or win7 drivers for these Intel controllers (see fav thread link in sig for more).

Make sure when you insert the new card that the onboard graphics is disabled in the BIOS to prevent gfx card conflicts.

Hey there! Please reply back promptly so I can answer your problem faster!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Visit websites
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:58 PM

All replies

• Try installing the XP driver in compatability mode.  It worked for me.
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:17 PM
  • Thanks much... I'll give it a shot. No that didn't work. Windows gives it an error code of 43. Anyone know what that is? Can I just go out and buy a new video card? will that fix it?
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:39 PM
  • You will need to go buy a new dedicated video card if the XP driver doesn't work...
    There is no Vista or win7 drivers for these Intel controllers (see fav thread link in sig for more).

Make sure when you insert the new card that the onboard graphics is disabled in the BIOS to prevent gfx card conflicts.

Hey there! Please reply back promptly so I can answer your problem faster!
    - JoelbX
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:58 PM
  • Windows does not seem to recognize the Intel adapter as it shows only a VGA Save adapter. I have gone to Intel and they don't show a driver for Windows 7.

Intel has both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 drivers on their website for your video card.

32-bit @ http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18223&lang=eng

64-bit @ http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18228&lang=eng

Take your choice!
    • Proposed as answer by Sidd sh Saturday, May 15, 2010 12:18 AM
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:58 PM
  • Intel has both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 drivers on their website for your video card.

Take your choice!

You forgot to look at the supported chipsets and notice the the OP's chipset is not in the supported chipset list.

Please look at that BEFORE YOU POST.

Hey there! Please reply back promptly so we can answer your problem faster!
    - JoelbX
    Friday, November 06, 2009 1:41 AM
  • Intel has both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 drivers on their website for your video card.

Take your choice!

You forgot to look at the supported chipsets and notice the the OP's chipset is not in the supported chipset list.

Please look at that BEFORE YOU POST.

Hey there! Please reply back promptly so we can answer your problem faster!
    - JoelbX

You're absolutely 100% right.  I guess I got in a hurry and misread the numbers.  Aplogize for the error!
    Friday, November 06, 2009 1:19 PM
  • not for the intel 82845g
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 12:45 AM
  • thats right
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 12:46 AM
  • how do you do that.just installed 7 and tryin 2 fig this out
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 12:47 AM
  • how do you do that.just installed 7 and tryin 2 fig this out

I suppose you mean turn on XP compat. mode?
    It's in the same place as its always been, right click driver exe and select properties, click compatibility tab, check 'run this program in compat. mode for' checkbox, select XP in the dropdown box, press OK, and hope that the driver installer works.

- JoelbX    My favorite threads | Computer tips
          Contact me | 'Gadget' programs           (Join my Folding@home team!)
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:42 PM
  • remove the vga adapter from device mgr...  save the driver dont run  go back to device manager manually install the driver    i have  window  7 running on old c400  i installed  driver that way 
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:12 PM
  • Microsoft does not publish any drivers for Intel hardware.  You will have to obtain a Win 7 driver from Intel for their hardware.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 12:13 AM
  • You are Right I tried and it worked howevere if windows some time detect that there is incompatible driver is installed it may crash the system.
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 12:17 AM
  • Please don`t install this driver as it will take you to blank desktop. Try to install same windows XP driver in compatiblity mode and it will work.

Right click on driver >>> troubleshoot the compatibility and launch the program to install.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 12:20 AM
  • Intel 82845G Graphic controller is not supported by Win 7 ..... i have tried the compatibility mode it does not works either i replaced it with a new video card.... i would recommend u to install win vista as the graphic driver supports it.....

For all Computer software and drivers related problems contact

Hassan Corporation (C)

hgc.hassan@gmail.com

hgc.hassan@yahoo.co.nz

Monday, June 21, 2010 6:17 PM
  • Compatibility Mode did work with Dell Dimension 2400 w/ 82845G and Win 7 32bit.  No special tricks other than running in Win XP SP2 mode.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:36 PM
  • Intel drivers for WinXP worked on Dell Dimension 2400 same as above.  Ran the Compatibility Troubleshooter, took suggested option for Win XP SP2 mode.  Not particularly Stellar performance but it works.
    • Proposed as answer by John Muoio Saturday, December 04, 2010 1:40 PM
    Friday, November 12, 2010 4:24 AM
  • You would need to run Windows 7 permanently in XP compatibility mode always.  

This is a sincere question and not a smart alec comment: Why would you want to run Windows 7 in XP compatibility mode permanently?  

This is something I'd mess around with as a techie, but can't figure out why anyone would buy Windows 7 only to have it run like XP when native XP performs much better.  Are you just messing around with it and have found it to be true?  But if you are proposing it as a solution, what advantage do you get from Windows 7 in XP compatibility over XP Native?

Again, I want to be sure I understand, because I've used compatibility mode on other machines and its clunky.  So clunky, that I would not consider it a viable option.  Just an opinion and looking for information.  

Dell 2400 w/ 82845G investigating and dismissing upgrade as pathological solution.

Saturday, December 04, 2010 1:47 PM
  • You would need to run Windows 7 permanently in XP compatibility mode always.  

This is a sincere question and not a smart alec comment: Why would you want to run Windows 7 in XP compatibility mode permanently?  

This is something I'd mess around with as a techie, but can't figure out why anyone would buy Windows 7 only to have it run like XP when native XP performs much better.  Are you just messing around with it and have found it to be true?  But if you are proposing it as a solution, what advantage do you get from Windows 7 in XP compatibility over XP Native?

Again, I want to be sure I understand, because I've used compatibility mode on other machines and its clunky.  So clunky, that I would not consider it a viable option.  Just an opinion and looking for information.  

Dell 2400 w/ 82845G investigating and dismissing upgrade as pathological solution.

You only select the Compatibility mode for installation of the driver.  It has nothing to do with the normal operation of Windows 7.  I have never heard of running Windows 7 OS in the XP compatibility mode.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, December 04, 2010 5:02 PM

Have a look here http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/637-installing-video-driver-intel-855-centrino-chipset.html it worked for my 82855 adapter! uses vista drivers and a driver toolkit that forces the driver onto windows seven! same should work for 845.

Driver zip files and link to software available in thread.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 9:15 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Rahul Seth Saturday, July 09, 2011 9:13 AM
    Saturday, July 09, 2011 9:12 AM