none
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Question

• Windows 7/64 has stopped NVidia GeForce 8800GT #2 (of 2) video card.All was well until 2 days ago.

Latest Windows & driver updates have been applied. Restoring previous sessions has not helped. Uninstalling both cards has not helped. Also, reduced 15% overclocking to 0% but did not help.

Possibly related: at the same time the above problem cropped up, I began getting the error message that the driver for my printer (HP Photosmart C7280) was not installed. I updated this. Still got same message. Uninstalled, & device was OK as an "Imagining Device" but still got same message as "Other Device" (under "Device Manager").

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• Edited by jpx2734 Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, May 01, 2012 3:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Before updating the device drivers, please update the BIOS and chipset from manufacturer's website.

Mostly the error code 43 is caused by hardware. You can refer to this article. Please check if there is any related log in Event Viewer.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873(v=ws.10).aspx

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:35 AM
  • I just got blitzed by the Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) as it looks like many others did after downloading either an update or the Nvidia update that Microsoft sent.  I have a monitor plugged in, but it tells me there is no monitor connected to the device.  I've tried updating the drivers twice:  once from Microsoft (by the way, it took about three tries for this update to successfully download and install - now I wished it never happened) and just tried to update from Nvidia's website.  Using 1 GeForce 8500GT on a Pavillion Desktop under Win7 64bit.  I tried deleting the driver and starting from scratch, still no fix.  I connected another monitor via HDMI cable and there's no signal whatsoever.  This is not a hardware problem, this is a glitch causd by the most recent Microsoft update.  I've spent hours trying to get my PC back on line - not for gaming, but for my living/income.  Most frustrating!
    Friday, December 21, 2012 8:53 PM