none
Recover Lost Password for SaveData.Mig File from Windows Easy Transfer

Question

• I thought I had a backup setup automatically every week to my server.  Found out the VPN to that server was not working.  That last bit of DATA I have saved is from 11-08.  I was trying to recover the data onto my laptop, and it asks for a Password.  The password I thought I had saved in a text file which I can not find now.

Is there any way to recover the password for the Migration File similar to how you recover the password for an Outlook File?  Can Microsoft do this for me?
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

For your current situation, you can directly contact with Microsoft Customer Service or do a search on the google website to obtain the Microsoft SaveData.MIG Extraction Tool for Windows Easy Transfer, which might be working well on your issue.

Otherwise, please understand that the password protection has been added to the file so that you can prevent unauthorized access to important information. For this reason, if you are unable to access information because you do not enter the correct password. Regarding this issue, as you forgot the password, I recommend you seek third party password recovery solution to see if you can recover it. I apologize that Microsoft does not provide any password recovery service because of the security policy restriction.

For additional information about password support policies, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Q189126 Microsoft's Policy Regarding Missing or Invalid Passwords

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q189126/>

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

For your current situation, you can directly contact with Microsoft Customer Service or do a search on the google website to obtain the Microsoft SaveData.MIG Extraction Tool for Windows Easy Transfer, which might be working well on your issue.

Otherwise, please understand that the password protection has been added to the file so that you can prevent unauthorized access to important information. For this reason, if you are unable to access information because you do not enter the correct password. Regarding this issue, as you forgot the password, I recommend you seek third party password recovery solution to see if you can recover it. I apologize that Microsoft does not provide any password recovery service because of the security policy restriction.

For additional information about password support policies, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Q189126 Microsoft's Policy Regarding Missing or Invalid Passwords

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q189126/>

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:23 AM
  • I'm entering my password to start the Windows Easy Transfer, and it's not accepting it.  What can I do?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:41 AM
  • Password Recovery Bundle is a must-have toolkit to recover/remove/reset passwords for Windows, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Outlook Express, PDF, RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/WinZIP, MSN, AOL, Google Talk, Paltalk, Trillian, Miranda, Opera, Firefox and IE Browser, etc. Over 21 types of passwords can be Recovered instantly. Until now, these password recovery tools are the fastest on the market, the easiest to use and the least expensive..

http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/passwordrecovery.html

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:08 AM
  • Recover Lost Password

Password Recovery Bundle is a must-have toolkit to recover/remove/reset passwords for Windows, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Outlook Express, PDF, RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/WinZIP, MSN, AOL, Google Talk, Paltalk, Trillian, Miranda, Opera, Firefox and IE Browser, etc. Over 21 types of passwords can be Recovered instantly. Until now, these password recovery tools are the fastest on the market, the easiest to use and the least expensive..

http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/passwordrecovery.html

Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:11 AM