none
Cannot rotate picture in Windows 7

Question

• I want to rotate a picture and I keep getting the following error. You cannot rotate this image. the file might be in use or open in another program, or the file or folder might be read-only.

OK so I went to properties and looked it was read only. so I unchecked it, it asked for administrator permision, I gave it it then scrolled thru my pics and I thout I was OK but same problem. seems it doesnt let go of the read only flag.

Thanks in advance
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 4:56 PM

Answers

• Dektop background pictures that comes with Windows 7 are (for some reason) protected from user interaction. If the picture you are trying to rotate is one of those or a picture that is access protected for some other reason you need to carry out a "take ownership" manouver, before you are allowed to change the regular access parameters.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:10 PM

All replies

• Dektop background pictures that comes with Windows 7 are (for some reason) protected from user interaction. If the picture you are trying to rotate is one of those or a picture that is access protected for some other reason you need to carry out a "take ownership" manouver, before you are allowed to change the regular access parameters.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:10 PM
  • Thanks a Million!
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Brian - did you ever get a reply ??  I am having the same problem since using Windows7.  Some of my personal pictures will rotate and some will NOT yet all of them are NOT read-only.  Any further suggestions.
    Monday, May 31, 2010 4:38 PM