none
Will the "Logitech Wireless DJ Music System" be supported by Windows 7?

Question

• I came from Windows XP with which it was working so fine...

But I didn't find any proper driver for this device (or dedicated Streampoint version).

Does anyone knows if it is scheduled to have this one working on Windows 7?

It'll really influence my decision about buying W7 or not.

Thanks beforehand for all answers.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 11:57 AM

Answers

But I didn't find any proper driver for this device (or dedicated Streampoint version).

Hi

Windows 7 does contain the extensibility for this type of product, however the device specific drivers/software are the responsibility of the manufacturer.

Your best source of support or information about that device is the Logitech Forums. They have professional Logitech support personnel answering questions there and they should be aware of any issues or future support plans for Windows 7.

Here is a link to those forums, for your convenience.

Logitech Forums

Windows 7 (RC) Discussion Topics - Logitech Forums

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 8:38 PM

All replies

Hi

Windows 7 does contain the extensibility for this type of product, however the device specific drivers/software are the responsibility of the manufacturer.

Your best source of support or information about that device is the Logitech Forums. They have professional Logitech support personnel answering questions there and they should be aware of any issues or future support plans for Windows 7.

Here is a link to those forums, for your convenience.

Logitech Forums

Windows 7 (RC) Discussion Topics - Logitech Forums

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 8:38 PM
  • Hey,

I booted my computer yesterday and suddenly I saw that W7 was installing proper driver for the "USB Transmitter"!

Once it was done successfully, I re-installed last version of Streampoint soft. (with recomended compatibility parameters), and now everything's fine.

Then problem is solved.
    Monday, July 27, 2009 1:43 PM
  • Hi

That's great. :)

I'm glad they were able to finally get those drivers online.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Monday, July 27, 2009 8:57 PM
  • I'm running the final W7 and it found the drivers but then I still cannot install Streampoint software. It says that 'not supported' for the O.S.

I assum you installed the Vista drivers?
    Friday, September 18, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Michael,

Did you ever get your answer from Ronnie on how he got windows 7 to accept the Streampoint software?  I am getting the same error, "Not supported by the OS".  I would like to get my wireless DJ running on Windows 7. 

Saturday, January 02, 2010 2:45 AM
  • Hi

I have the same problem, did you solve it in the end ?

Thank you
    Monday, January 25, 2010 9:55 PM
  • If you guys have problems, open a new thread and be specific as to the description of your problem and hardware related devices. Only those looking for answers look in there as the OP has had their question answered.
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Monday, January 25, 2010 10:20 PM