none
Frozen Cursor

Question

• Recently there were several automatic updates.  One (or more) of the Windows updates resulted in the cursor freezing in the middle of any app.  Once frozed a refresh if not an entire system reboot is required.  I have been unable to use the computer for more than 5 minutes in any app before the cursor freezes!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also, does anyone know of a PC service that can take such problems and fix them?  I have heard on one calld "mycleanpc" has anyone used it and did they or did another service provide the help needed at a reasonable price?

Thank you in advance. 

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Friday, October 19, 2012 3:05 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before going on, I would like to check whether you have installed some application before this issue occurred?

Meanwhile, you can try the following:

1. Perform a system restore and check whether this is related to the updates. If so, you can manually install them to find which one cause this issue.

2. Test the issue in Safe Mode, if it work, boot to Clean Boot and check the third party applications.

3. Create a new user account for a test.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 22, 2012 6:01 AM