none
error code 0x80004005 DVD burner

Question

• I get an error code 0x80004005 when I try to burn an ISO file. The DVD device reads other CDs and DVDs. The DVD device is TSL 462C ATA in E1705 Dell Inspiron laptop. Windows 7 OS, 32-bit.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:51 AM

Answers

• That error code can be caused by a multitude of things.  See results @ http://search.microsoft.com/Results.aspx?q=Error+code+0x80004005&mkt=en-US&FORM=QBMH1&l=1&x=12&y=9

I would recommend you post your question in the Dell Support forum on the Dell website.  You will find more people that actually have your model laptop and Dell Tech Support posts answers there.

I would suspect the optical drive has failed, but you will have a better chance of receiving an appropriate reply over at the Dell Forum.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, February 05, 2010 9:22 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:25 AM
  • Hello,

What burner program you are using, Windows build-in burner or third-party? Does the error happens when using any DVDs?

Try to burn a simple file to DVD by using windows burner feature to find out if the DVD device is working properly:

1. Open Computer->DVD device.
    2. Drag a file into a DVD.

If the issue persists, the problem should be caused by DVD device itself. I recommend you contact the DELL to update DVD device' s the Fireware.

If the DVD device is working properly, the problem may be caused by the following factors:

1. The ISO file is corrupted, try to re-download the ISO file.
    2. The burner program, try another burner program.

Thomas77
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:23 AM

All replies

• That error code can be caused by a multitude of things.  See results @ http://search.microsoft.com/Results.aspx?q=Error+code+0x80004005&mkt=en-US&FORM=QBMH1&l=1&x=12&y=9

I would recommend you post your question in the Dell Support forum on the Dell website.  You will find more people that actually have your model laptop and Dell Tech Support posts answers there.

I would suspect the optical drive has failed, but you will have a better chance of receiving an appropriate reply over at the Dell Forum.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:25 AM
  • Hello,

What burner program you are using, Windows build-in burner or third-party? Does the error happens when using any DVDs?

Try to burn a simple file to DVD by using windows burner feature to find out if the DVD device is working properly:

1. Open Computer->DVD device.
    2. Drag a file into a DVD.

If the issue persists, the problem should be caused by DVD device itself. I recommend you contact the DELL to update DVD device' s the Fireware.

If the DVD device is working properly, the problem may be caused by the following factors:

1. The ISO file is corrupted, try to re-download the ISO file.
    2. The burner program, try another burner program.

Thomas77
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:23 AM