none
Windows 7 Mbox 2

Question

• I have a new HP laptop (birthday present) and I want to load the Pro Tools 8 program I've been using on my PC to the new laptop, (I have the disks). My Pro Tools 8 is an upgrade from version 7, (for which I also have the disks). Do I have to install version 7, then version 8 in order for it to recognize my Mbox 2? Thanks.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 4:27 PM

All replies

• To make Windows 7 recognize your Digidesign Mbox 2, you should install the driver for it first.

Try to install the driver via windows update:

1.Click the Start Button, type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter. Click Continue if necessary.
    2.Right click Digidesign Mbox 2 audio and click "Update Driver Software…"

If windows update cannot find the driver, downloading and installing the driver from the Mbox manufacture. 

After that, you should install the pro tools, as there are many versions of the Pro tools, and the Pro Tools 7 is not support Win7, you can try to install it in the Vista Compatible mode. You can refer to the following methods:

1. Right-click the exe. file and choose Properties.
    2. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose "Windows Vista".
    3. Check the box before “Run this program as an Administrator” below.
    4. Click OK to save the settings.
    5. Follow the instruction to install it, and test.

Then you can upgrade it to 8. In my opinion, it's better to download and install the version 8 directly.

Good luck!

John
    Friday, February 26, 2010 10:27 AM
  • Hey John!  I have a similar issue. Purchased protools mbox 2 mini from a retailer ,new. Failed to realize that my windows vista 64 bit OS was not compatible. Have been unable to locate a suitable xp or vista 32 bit os with which to boot the program.  and now my hard drive has died. So, when I replace my hard drive, I will likley have to get windows 7 (which I am looking forward to). I guess I am asking if there are any updates or patches or anything which I may be able to download to make this m box work with windows 7? Avid/digidesign's  site has not been helpful to me, and when I call, I am on hold for hours and given answers which essentially only repeat what I know, and offer no new information.

any insight would be appreciated.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:59 PM