none
Can't install windows 8.1!!!

Question

• Right I'm a volume user so I have got the ISO put it on a disc and put the CD in the disc tray and opened it up. I get to about 36% then it comes up with a window saying windows installation failed. Why? tried it again ans same thing. At the start I don't select to install important updates is this the problem , I need to install some important updates before I can install the windows 8.1 update. If so then can you please tell me what important updates are need to install windows 8.1, I don't want them all because the updates just waste memory and time.
    So to make it short what updates to I need installed to install Windows 8.1?
    Hope can help!
    Thank you
    Friday, October 25, 2013 9:16 PM

Answers

• Are you sure your ISO is good?  First check the MD5/SHA1 hash.  Also, try installing in a VM by mounting the ISO to see if you get the same error.

If you get the same error via a VM with a mounted ISO, then you have a bad ISO.  If you don't get the error and Windows 8.1 installs normally, then you may a bad DVD, or a bad lot number of DVDs (I have experienced entire 100 count DVD spindles being bad).  If you do have a bad lot of DVDs, you can extract the ISO--providing you proved it to be good--to a bootable, external USB device.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:07 PM

All replies

• Upload the log files:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824819.aspx

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Are you sure your ISO is good?  First check the MD5/SHA1 hash.  Also, try installing in a VM by mounting the ISO to see if you get the same error.

If you get the same error via a VM with a mounted ISO, then you have a bad ISO.  If you don't get the error and Windows 8.1 installs normally, then you may a bad DVD, or a bad lot number of DVDs (I have experienced entire 100 count DVD spindles being bad).  If you do have a bad lot of DVDs, you can extract the ISO--providing you proved it to be good--to a bootable, external USB device.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Thank you this worked but just crapped myself, updated and saw all my programs were gone and lucky my music was safe. First how do I get all my programs loaded on cause there in windows old folder and two is this an update or can I do a clean install with the volume licence CD?
    Monday, October 28, 2013 1:01 AM