none
Windows update error 80200053 KB982670 Microsoft .net framework 4 client profile for Windows 7 x64 systems

Question

• I've just installed Windows 7 x64 in a VM runningunder Hyper-v in 2K8R2. Selected all updates offered by windows update apart from the Language packs. The above update failed as part of the main group and after reboot I tried installing it again by itself and got the same error code 80200053.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I believe the update was issued today (22nd June 2010)

London UK
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:40 PM

Answers

• I've seen this error code several times now, and for whatever reason, in the instances I’ve seen it has always been related to the .NET framework updates.

The culprit in each instance has been antivirus/antispyware programs. All machines were confirmed to be clean and free from other errors/problems described above.

The solution I've used (with 100% success rate):

1)      Find whatever security program is installed on your machine, and temporarily disable it.

a.       It may take some digging to find this option, as many security programs don't like the idea of being "turned off" … look for options like “disable real-time scanning,” “suspend real-time scanning,” or the like. If you’re lucky, right-clicking on the icon in your taskbar will show an option to disable, but I’ve found that option is being included less and less frequently on right-clicking the taskbar icon in security programs.

2)      Run services.msc (Start > Run, “services.msc” and hit Enter)

3)      Find the “Windows Update” service

4)      Stop the service and then start the service again.

5)      Run Windows update

6)      Install any updates

7)      After completing the installation, be sure to re-enable your security program to normal functionality.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:30 PM

All replies

• yes netframework 4 64 bit win 7 update failed, 1st ever update failure must be their patch
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:00 PM
  • I've tried it on a real pc and it applied ok.

I've tried a second windows 7 install under Hyper-v and this time I chose all updates apart from this one and they all applied ok. Tried this one and I got a different error code 80246002. Tried again and it was back to the 80200053. There must be some upfront check being done thats failing because the error appears as soon as the download finishes, it doesn't even start to create a restore point.

London UK
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:37 PM
  • I had a failed install on this update aswell. I've tried updating again, but now it won't even download (Windows is downloading updates 0% complete is all I get)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:50 PM
  • try this!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=Microsoft+.NET+Framework+4&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic

i've taken this one: ..Microsoft NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Web Installer)

you can also take the standalone inst.

..Microsoft NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer)

sorry for my english.

cheers,

Tschuba

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:15 PM
  • Hi,

I understand that you received error 80200053 while attempting to install update KB982670 on your Virtual Machine. Based on my research, this issue can be caused by either of the following factors:

·          Security software conflict.

·          Windows Update folder corruption.

·          DNS Trojan.

To resolve this kind of issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     Run Windows Update Troubleshooter to automatically fix the problem.

2.     Verify Date and Time settings.

1)    Close all Internet Explorer windows.

2)    Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3)    Click Date, Time, Language and Regional Options, and then click Change Date and Time.

4)    Make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use the current date and time and then click OK.

5)    Click on Change time zone.

6)    Choose the correct Time Zone.

7)    Click on OK.

8)    Navigate to Internet Time tab.

9)    Change settings.

10)  Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server.

11)  Under Server, Choose time.windows.com from the drop down menu.

12)  Click on Update now.

13)  You will be prompted with “Please wait while Windows synchronizes with time.windows.com” wait for some time for the changes to take place. If this does not work try other drop down options under Server.

14)  Once it is done click on OK.

15)  Restart the computer and check with the issue.

3.     Forcing the DNS in Wired connection.

1)    Go to Network and Sharing Center->Manage Network Connection.

2)    Then right click Local Area Connection and Clicked Properties.

3)    Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.

4)    Configure the preferred DNS and Alternate DNS.

5)    Then restart the computer and install the update again.

4.     Disable security software and temporarily turn off Windows Firewall for a test.

5.     Boot in Safe Mode with Networking and install the update for a test.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:02 AM
  • Hi,

I've got the same error on a physical laptop. My time zone is ok and so do my DNS. Other updates install well after this faillure.

here are the détails :

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile pour les systèmes x64 sous Windows 7 (KB982670)

Date d'installation : ‎23/‎06/‎2010 09:41

État de l'installation : Échec

Détails de l'erreur : Code 80200053

Type de mise à jour : Recommandée

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile constitue un sous-ensemble de .NET Framework 4. Client Profile offre des fonctionnalités optimisées pour les applications clientes et permet le déploiement rapide de Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) et de la technologie Windows Forms.

Plus d'informations :
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=191022

Aide et support :
    http://support.microsoft.com

Thanks for your help.

JP

JPB
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:49 AM
  • Thank you  for the positive response!!!

I was a little bit anxious after i red Dale's manual or directions. That's why i thought my way was wrong and only an bypass and
    furthermore problems with any corruptions are composed. after many tests i think it was only an MS problem.

tschuba

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:25 PM
  • KB982670 would not install from Windows Update so I downloaded from the Microsoft site. Microsoft .NET Framework V4 is now in Add/Remove Progs.  Acoording to Wikopedia V3.5 comes with Win 7 64 bit that I use. So where is V3.5 because it certainly wasn't in Add/Remove Progs before I downloaded V4?  Where do I find V4 and should I un-install V3.5? In fact why do I need this Prog?  Any help appreciated. Is this another Microsoft Pusllab?
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:30 PM
  • I've seen this error code several times now, and for whatever reason, in the instances I’ve seen it has always been related to the .NET framework updates.

The culprit in each instance has been antivirus/antispyware programs. All machines were confirmed to be clean and free from other errors/problems described above.

1)      Find whatever security program is installed on your machine, and temporarily disable it.

a.       It may take some digging to find this option, as many security programs don't like the idea of being "turned off" … look for options like “disable real-time scanning,” “suspend real-time scanning,” or the like. If you’re lucky, right-clicking on the icon in your taskbar will show an option to disable, but I’ve found that option is being included less and less frequently on right-clicking the taskbar icon in security programs.

7)      After completing the installation, be sure to re-enable your security program to normal functionality.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:30 PM
  • Got the same error code in a non-virtual update.

Appears to have installed ok on 2nd attempt (was after a reboot though) - takes about 5 mins to do it after download so be patient!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:40 PM
  • I had the same problem, KB982670 would not install from Windows Update.

After 6 goes at this. I pressed the reset button on my computer,

when the computer restarted, as expected the message appeared " windows was not shut down properly" I selected start windows normally,

It then found a problem with an Adobe file, I pressed continue and windows started up, then this update would download and install perfectly.

Thinking about this, I had just updated Adobe Flash Player 10 yesterday, I now wonder if that was causing the problem.

Hope this helps Dexter

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:19 PM
  • Today it downloaded and installed without any peoblems. I have had this happen with other updates previously (mostly .NET updates), sometimes they take a few attempts before they install. Why? 'I'm a PC and Microsoft hates me'? :-)
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:31 PM
  • Please, Make an Update that would fix the problem microsoft. this is annoying!!
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:59 PM
  • I have the same problem - tried all the above - also earlier recommendations concerning spyware (clean); wasted an hour and a half of my time - still get the error code and failed update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows 7 x64 -based Systems (KB982670).

Running Windows 7 Home Premium.  Other updates in the same batch installed OK.

Dismal.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

I understand that you received error 80200053 while attempting to install update KB982670 on your Virtual Machine. Based on my research, this issue can be caused by either of the following factors:

·          DNS Trojan.

To resolve this kind of issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

3)    Click Date, Time, Language and Regional Options, and then click Change Date and Time.

4)    Make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use the current date and time and then click OK.

7)    Click on OK.

9)    Change settings.

13)  You will be prompted with “Please wait while Windows synchronizes with time.windows.com” wait for some time for the changes to take place. If this does not work try other drop down options under Server.

4.     Disable security software and temporarily turn off Windows Firewall for a test.

Best Regards

Dale

The Trouble Shooter route didn't work for me BUT the Verify Date & Settings did!  My sync server was not previously set to time.windows.com.  Why would that make such a difference?

Anyway - thanks for the Fix - it is appreciated!

GN

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:12 AM
  • I've seen the same problem on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. WGA passes. Even if I disable the Avira antivirus, the same error code pops up. But, after disabling Avira and waiting a few minutes (2nd attempt at running actually), it worked.
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

·          DNS Trojan.

7)    Click on OK.

9)    Change settings.

Best Regards

Dale

The Trouble Shooter route didn't work for me BUT the Verify Date & Settings did!  My sync server was not previously set to time.windows.com.  Why would that make such a difference?

Anyway - thanks for the Fix - it is appreciated!

GN

I'm glad to see it works. Thanks.

Best Regards

Dale

Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:15 AM
  • I've seen the same problem on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. WGA passes. Even if I disable the Avira antivirus, the same error code pops up. But, after disabling Avira and waiting a few minutes (2nd attempt at running actually), it worked.

Congratulations. Cheers~

Best Regards

Dale

Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:16 AM
  • Dale,

I'm having problems with this update on a Windows 7 Pro 64 laptop - all other updates have installed ok.  No success after steps 1 to 3, and I draw the line at disabling AV!

Is MSFT looking at the underlying problem with this patch?

How important is it (having downloaded 41Mb at least 10 times...) ?  Thinking of hiding it.

Regards,

Ian

----- WHS Newbie -----
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:31 AM
  • hi Ian,

you can also install this "up" manualý without any probs.! the link is upstairs.

or take this one : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=Microsoft+.NET+Framework+4&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic

choosing, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Web Installer) it takes only two minutes.

the trouble shooter route from dale didn't work for everyone and takes a lot of time when you are an newbie:-)

----

dale, i wonder why do you delete the answers or response from the other members!? maybe because my english was to bad for understanding that:-)

cheers

tschba

Thursday, June 24, 2010 3:40 PM
  • Tschuba,

Thanks for that - worked without a problem.

Still begs the question why the "pushed" update is failing.  I would appreciate a reply from Dale on that.  Other (non-MSFT) sites are seeing this issue reported, and I have directed them to this discussion...

Regards,

Ian

----- WHS Newbie -----
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:13 PM
  • As I said, I'd tried all the 'fixes' mentioned above without success.

Today I found another thread which suggested the problem could be due to the Windows installer having stopped service.  This turned out to be the case.  The fix was to find and start the Installer before trying the Update (yet) again.

Click Start, type run to get the Run command line, enter services.msc, scroll down to Windows Installer and start the service.  Run the update.  Worked fine.

My Installer was set to manual it seems.  I shall now go research whether there are risks in having it set to automatic (are there??)

I assume that the other clutch of updates at the same time as the .Net update installed successfully without requiring the Installer.

You might like to include this possible solution at the start of the other ones mentioned by harryf200 below (thanks for the reply btw, though I'd seen it above from MFT)

Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:35 PM
  • I received error 80200053 when attempting to download and install update KB982480 on my Vista 32 bit Home Premium, I manually downloaded the update and, after going through a validation process, the update downloaded and installed successfully. On the same day, I received an error (don't remember the code since I didn't write it down) for KB982670 on my Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

After reading Magicman07's post, I checked the setting for the Windows Installer Service. The default setting for the Windows Installer service is "manual" on both my PCs.  I changed the setting to "automatic" and started the service. Then I downloaded and installed KB982670 successfully. I did not make any changes to anything other than the setting for the Windows Installer service.

I have successfully downloaded and installed other .msi packages without the need to ever change the default setting for the installer service. I would question Microsoft about why these two  .msi packages, released on the same day, require this change.

• Proposed as answer by sse1781439 Friday, June 25, 2010 3:32 PM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:32 PM
  • used second option  Run services.msc (Start > Run, “services.msc” and hit Enter) and it worked thanks for the info
    • Proposed as answer by Peter Shashkin Saturday, November 12, 2011 12:56 AM
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:48 PM
  • This would appear (for most people) to be due to internet congestion, possibly on the Windows Update server(s). A little digging revealed the cause of the error:

The BITS job named "WU Client Download" belonging to user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM received inconsistent data while downloading. The URL was "http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/ftpk/2010/06/dotnetfx40_client_x86_x64_4cd67f609f89d617d2b206341b8c211e1b88b287.exe". The transfer will continue using a different server.  If the problem occurs often, an administrator should scan the peer server for viruses or corruption in its hard drive.

Or, to put that another way, the download failed. Mine got to about 90% before it gave up.

Update - two further attempts both got to 100% and still failed, so I downloaded the same file WU was trying to get and both the download and installation worked fine. Bizarre.

Friday, June 25, 2010 3:48 PM
  • Thanks Magicman07. This worked for me. (I'm using Avast)
    Friday, June 25, 2010 7:38 PM

Hope this helps.

i followed this instruction,,,and it really worked.

thank you majicman07 and all dudes who try to help others. 

Saturday, June 26, 2010 7:21 PM
  • I just disabled the Windows Update process and then restarted it via services.msc and it installed OK.  I didn't need to disable my virus checker (AVG).

John P

Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:50 PM
  • try this!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=Microsoft+.NET+Framework+4&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic

i've taken this one: ..Microsoft NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Web Installer)

you can also take the standalone inst.

..Microsoft NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer)

sorry for my english.

cheers,

Tschuba

Thanks Tschuba. Your solution worked for me.
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:13 AM
  • Tried this and it worked. Disabled Trend Micro anti-virus, restarted the windows update service and reinstalled the update with success. Thanks!
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 7:27 PM
  • I have the same probleme but nothing work for me. 

If i instal Net Framework 4 windows see as he is install but the program who need  it say has he is not here...

Sorry for my English. 

Monday, June 28, 2010 3:17 PM
  • Plef,

what is your first language? what did you speak normaly?

you do not need NET FRAMEW. 4 only the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer or the other)

of course you need all the other updates before!

i am back at 13.00 (german time)

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:49 AM
  • I am french, so I didn't need Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended ?

I try without  and I tell you.

Edit: Doesn't work, I think I will do a reboot of Windows 7

Ps: At the beginning I have Windows Vista, maybe it is for that ?

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:55 AM
  • i think you need all updates! after the automatic Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile update was failed you update it manualy.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:31 AM
  • I already do it manually the installation wroke (there is no error) but all the program who need net framework didn't work they say I have to install it!!!

And in C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework (and framework 64)/v4.0.30319  if i lunch something there is an error (0xc000007b) and this error is that Microsoft .Net is not intaled.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:49 AM
  • i think you have a windows problem in itself.

i would try to repair it (sfc /scannow) with the original windows 7 dvd,, when you did not modify to much.

diagnostics over distance are not so easy.

good luck

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:32 PM
  • Thank Tschuba
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:41 PM
  • I have been experiencing endless problems with Windows Update recently:

- latest Security Essentials update wouldn't install

- latest Silverlight update wouldn't install

- NET framework 4 client installer wouldn't install

Finally, I threw in the towel and formatted and reinstalled (Windows 7 Ultimate x64).

Before doing anything else (installing drivers, etc), I installed Security Essentials and ran Windows Update.

- please note, two Windows Updates were installed during Windows setup

- before running Windows Update, I renamed C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download to "Download.old" and rebooted

- this causes Windows to create a new "Download" folder in Software Distribution (I found this idea after many hours of Googling, it's not mine)

- silverlight update installed fine

- so did Security Essentials update

- I unchecked the boxes for the 2 x NET 3.5 updates and only installed the NET Framework 4 update

Everything updated and installed successfully.

I rebooted and ran Windows Update again - the 2 x NET 3.5 updates were still showing, so I selected and installed them with success.

To test this, I went throught the process again:

- Formatted and reinstalled Win7

- again, 2 Windows Updates were installed during Win7 install

- installed Security Essentials and ran Windows Update

- this time I selected all the NET updates, both 3.5 and 4

- All the updates installed successfully, except for NET Framework 4 Client Installer

- I rebooted and tried again without success

- I tried renaming SoftwareDistribution\Download to "Download.old", without success

However, the install files for NET Framework 4 Client Installer were now on their own in the new "Download" folder.

I ran the installer and it (very slowly) installed.

I hope that this helps someone. I wrote this because I've seen many explanations for the recent Windows Update errors.

They all seem to work on the lines of:

- your system is infected

- your security software is interfering

- your Windows Update needs to be rejigged/reset

None of these suggestion worked for me and I had to format and reinstall from scratch to get the latest updates to work.

Even then, I had to "work around" the issue to install successfully.

I tweak my PCs a bit (UAC off, some non-essential services and start-up items turned off, etc)

- My security software is Microsoft's own

- My PCs are not infected (did many different scans to be sure)

- I ran Microsoft's Fix-It for Windows Update without success, plus checked my settings and my services.msc

Personally, I think there's a problem with Windows Update and I hope Microsoft respond to this.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:33 AM
  • To Magicman07.  Windows Update kept telling me that I had one important update, but try as I might, I could not install the update.  It would fail and give me error code 80200053.  After I read your suggestion above, I decided to uninstall my antivirus program Microsoft Security Essentials and also my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After two tries, the update finally "took."  Then I re-installed the Microsoft Security Essentials, and decided I don't really also need Malwarebytes.  Now everything is fine. 
    Sunday, July 04, 2010 9:27 PM
  • I had the same problem with multiple install failures on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit desktop running Norton Internet Security 2010. 

Having read this thread, and had similar problems with System Restore not working correctly with Windows XP and previous versions of Norton, I disabled Norton Product Tamper Protection (Miscellaneous Settings / Product Security) and retried the update.

The install first did a system restore (which it hadn't done on the failed update that I watched) and was successful.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 5:27 AM
  • Maybe I can throw in my pound of salt here. I have posted this elsewhere, but this seems like a more appropriate thread. Another angle on the above.

I was having similair problems. In my case the download would proceed, the files would unpack and everything would collapse in a heap as soon as it started to install.

I discovered that this Windows Installer begins by scanning all available drives (including floppies and USB's) in your machine and seems to pick the drive with the most available space to use as a temporary area in which to unpack the files and execute the setup. It only seems to be certain updates that behave like this, perhaps it varies depending on the size of the update.

In my case, the security settings of the drive that was selected prevented the installation from completing. I got around it by adjusting the security settings to accomodate, but one could also disconnect or disable the drive I suppose (thereby forcing the process to use the OS drive).

I personally think it is a really silly idea. It's fine if you are doing this on your desktop, but I do not particulalry fancy the idea of the installer using my server data drives from which to install updates. Explains the curious looking folders with SID like names that have been popping up on my server drives. Why on earth not simply check if it has the space and use the OS drive?

Huisie, it looks to me as if this may have been your problem. I would be spitting tacks if it turned out that I had completely rebuilt my machine when in fact the problem was as simple (BUT SUBTLE!) as this. I think Microsoft may need to go back to the drawing board with their installer.

Now if only I could solve an incredibly frustrating BSOD that I am getting since I installed .NET 4 I may get some work done.....

Thursday, July 08, 2010 9:24 AM
  • Checked time & date settings.  All seemed OK but could not sync with internet time zone.  So deselected it.  Tried to reinstall and it worked. Huzzah!  many thanks.
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:07 PM

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

these steps worked fine by me. Thanks Magicman07!

reguards

m_atze

Monday, August 09, 2010 11:59 AM
  • In my case, after trying everything witch is written on this page, I decided to check if Microsoft .net framework 3.5 was installed on my computer. What I found out was that some installation DVD of Windows 7 (even Ultimate versions) come with this version of Microsoft .net framework not installed. You can check on Control Panel , Programs , Turn Windows features on or off . My Windows Ultimate installation DVD came, by default, with the Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5.1 turned off. When I turned it on, those installers suggested here worked (I tried the Microsoft NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Web Installer) suggested by Tschuba). After that, running again windows update, that annoying update disappears.

Hope this help someone.

José Pinto

Portugal

Saturday, November 06, 2010 10:14 PM
  • Thanks I am running AVG, disabling the link scanner and resident shield then following the instructions worked for me.

Many thanks

Martin

Friday, November 26, 2010 1:33 PM
  • Oh what a nice, simple solution.  I have had .Net Framework 4 trying to install on a Windows 2008 machine for the last 2 months or more.  I disabled McAfee VS Enterprise On-Access Scan, then restarted the Windows Update service, as you suggested, and it finally installed.  I often disable antivirus when manually installing updates, but I never thought to restart the service.  That is what made the difference.

Thanks and cheers.

Friday, January 07, 2011 3:19 AM
  • Is the anti-malware software definitely the only issue?  We use Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, and although we select "disable" in its own Settings tab, we cannot completely disable it (it cannot be disabled in the [Computer][Manage][Security] tab).

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:36 PM
  • We did that; it still doesn't work.  Dale, please see whether anything else could be creating interference.
    Friday, February 18, 2011 11:42 PM
  • We did that; it still doesn't work.  Dale, please see whether anything else could be creating interference.

Credits go to jacvc and Control_tps (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/ee945c20-a8c1-4b82-9b4c-d6dfae4c5337)

Try the following steps, please:

1.    Open Control panel and go to Program and Features, click it.

2.    Scroll down to Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile, right click it.

3.    It will give you a choice of Uninstall/Change, click it.

4.    Then, it will give a choice to Repair it, pick Repair   it.  It will take about 4-10 minutes to repair (with my PC) your experience may vary.

5.    When completed, go to your update center, and update it again.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Disabling the antivirus and restarting the Update service as Magicman07 suggested did the trick. Thank You!!!!
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 8:20 PM
  • Same problem here... never had a problem doing Windows Updates on this Windows 7 computer, until I tried to install Service Pack 1.

Other Windows Updates will install fine, but Service Pack 1 always hangs at 18%, and provides the same error as others are getting.

I tried disabling Microsoft Security Essentials realtime protection, but that did not work.  I tried starting and stopping the Windows Update service, but no luck.

I tried to "repair" Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5, but no luck.  Finally, I just "uninstalled" Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 and BINGO, even without restarting, it worked fine.  I'm not even sure if I need .net for anything... but if I do, I'm sure I'll get offered to install it again. :-)

Hope this helps someone out there.

- Scott

Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:14 AM
  • The last several suggestions do not work for me, either--I disabled .NET Framework 3.5 in the Windows 7 Home Premium Control Panel, but the installation for Version 4 still fails. I have started a thread based on this one in the MSDN Forums in hope of someone helping me via remote access. If you are replying to me, please go there first.
    JandNL
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:34 AM
  • I tried this also still issue is not resolved

Thanks   

Vivek A.S

• Edited by as.vivek Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:34 AM
    Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:34 AM