none
Accessories Missing from Start

Question

• After several days with Windows 7 I noticed I no longer have Accessories listed in Start All Programs. Wondering what else is missing. How can I get it back. The files still exist but not listed at Start.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi JohnRice,

This issue should be caused by folder missing.

You can check it under:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\

Right click on Programs folder and choose properties, click Previous Versions.

Please check if other version includes Accessories folder.

If the issue still persists, you can copy C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories folder from another computer to problem computer.

Hope it helps.
    • Marked as answer by JohnRice Friday, October 30, 2009 2:29 PM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 3:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    That should be there as part of the installation. You could try a system restore to a point prior to the disappearance, repair from the Win 7 install DVD or reinstall Win 7 again. Appears to be a corrupt install.

Check your event viewer logs for an event that caused it to disappear first. Hardware failure, Malware.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:05 PM
  • Hi JohnRice,

This issue should be caused by folder missing.

You can check it under:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\

Right click on Programs folder and choose properties, click Previous Versions.

Please check if other version includes Accessories folder.

If the issue still persists, you can copy C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories folder from another computer to problem computer.

Hope it helps.
    • Marked as answer by JohnRice Friday, October 30, 2009 2:29 PM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 3:30 AM
  • You're all very close.  Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft and then right-click on the Windows folder, then click Properties.  Uncheck the Hidden box and then click Apply and then close.  Your accessories folder will now be visible in the Start menu.
    • Proposed as answer by rbrown4 Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:22 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by rbrown4 Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:22 AM
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:11 AM
  • This was the winning solution!   thank you very much
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Thanks EZRider723... you got my "Accessories" folder back!!
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:07 AM
  • Thanks EXRider723. It worked for me, as well. Can you help me with a blank Windows Features box?

PRSNRS

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:37 PM
  • What do I do if when I go to username there is no AppData
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:23 AM
  • You're all very close.  Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft and then right-click on the Windows folder, then click Properties.  Uncheck the Hidden box and then click Apply and then close.  Your accessories folder will now be visible in the Start menu.
    Simplest and easiest way to get your accessories folder to show back up in the windows start menu.
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 1:59 AM