none
This webpage is not available

Question

• I am getting a message when I try to log into Google Chrome: Error 105 (net::ERR-NAME-NOT-RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.  I was getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" so I change over to Google Chrome, and now I get this Error 105. :( HELP! It is intermittent, happens several times daily.
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 3:45 PM

Answers

• Its going to be tough to use those tools if you have very limited experience with them.  The overall idea is to try to figure out where the problem is when you encounter the error.  Unfortunately, the browser application (IE, Chrome, etc...) is limited in determining the cause of the issue.

I would focus on PING at the moment to determine if you actually have network connectivity during the issue.  Being able to PING the gateway and past the gateway should be able to provide you with some insight.  NSLOOKUP is not really used for connectivity, but name resolution.  When you type NSLOOKUP and hit enter, you are provided with a prompt.  Type the host name you are trying to validate.  For instance if you were trying to access BING.com, type that in and see if your DNS server(s) respond with an IP address.  If so, name resolution is probably working as it should.

Guides and tutorials, visit ITGeared.com.

itgeared.com facebook twitter youtube
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify how you connect to Internet. Can all webpages be displayed or just special one? You can try the following suggestions for a test.

1. Update the latest driver of the network adapter from manufacture.

2. If any router is used, bypass or reset it.

3. If any proxy is used, clear and reset it.

4. Perform clean boot, then disable security software and firewall temporarily.

If the issue persists, please help me collect the information using command: ipconfig /all

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 11, 2011 9:25 AM

All replies

• When this occurs, open a command prompt and use basic network troubleshooting tools such as PING, TRACERT, and NSLOOKUP.

Using PING to Test for Network Connectivity
    http://itgeared.com/using-ping-to-test-for-network

If you are able to PING your gateway and a remote internet host, try using the NSLOOKUP command. Can you resolve internet host names?

Using NSLOOKUP to Troubleshoot DNS Issues
    http://itgeared.com/using-nslookup-to-troubleshoot-common

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Thanks for your response. I am a complete novice to all this. I checked out PING and it all looked okay, after a message request timed out the first try then it seemed okay.  The NSLOOKUP completely baffled me...(don't know what -option, hostname, DNS server name/IP all means, much less where to find all that info???). I did just type in nslookup and got default server and an address, but it doesn't match anything I have. Could That be the problem??? HELP!!!!
    Marilyn Maclenna
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Its going to be tough to use those tools if you have very limited experience with them.  The overall idea is to try to figure out where the problem is when you encounter the error.  Unfortunately, the browser application (IE, Chrome, etc...) is limited in determining the cause of the issue.

I would focus on PING at the moment to determine if you actually have network connectivity during the issue.  Being able to PING the gateway and past the gateway should be able to provide you with some insight.  NSLOOKUP is not really used for connectivity, but name resolution.  When you type NSLOOKUP and hit enter, you are provided with a prompt.  Type the host name you are trying to validate.  For instance if you were trying to access BING.com, type that in and see if your DNS server(s) respond with an IP address.  If so, name resolution is probably working as it should.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify how you connect to Internet. Can all webpages be displayed or just special one? You can try the following suggestions for a test.

1. Update the latest driver of the network adapter from manufacture.

2. If any router is used, bypass or reset it.

3. If any proxy is used, clear and reset it.

4. Perform clean boot, then disable security software and firewall temporarily.

If the issue persists, please help me collect the information using command: ipconfig /all

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 11, 2011 9:25 AM