none
Wi-fi hotspot connected successfully but no Internet Connection

Question

• I've created the Hotspot and it's successfully connected to my phone, but I couldn't use the Internet.  I'm pretty sure that my phone works fine. I've even tried to Rollback my wifi driver but ended up in nothing. Even I couldn't find new update for my wifi Driver. I even tried the Third party software to create Hotspot (Connectify Dispatch), Despite it connected successfully to my phone, I couldn't access the Internet.
    (Note: I use Windows 8.1)
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems like there was some problem with this blog, may be you couldn't open it, you can follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Try to use network troubleshooter to identify and fix this problem.

2. Reinstall wireless adapter driver for test.

3. Try resetting  TCP/IP.

Reset TCPIP and check  if it works.

Follow the steps

a) Boot to the desktop view.

b) Open command prompt, right click in the left corner when the Start window appear and select command prompt (admin).

c) At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note: If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

d) Reboot the computer.

Let us know the status.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm a bit confused by your description, Did you mean that you create a hotspot on your computer, while your phone connected but couldn't connect to the internet? or you create a hotspot on your phone, while your computer connected but couldn't connect to the internet?

For computer WIFI connection problem, You can refer to the link below to resolve this problem for test.

Windows 8.1 Wifi showing "limited" or "No Internet Access":

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dennis_schnell/archive/2013/08/31/windows-8-1-wifi-showing-quot-limitied-quot-or-quot-no-internet-access-quot.aspx

Roger Lu

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

It seems like there was some problem with this blog, may be you couldn't open it, you can follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Try to use network troubleshooter to identify and fix this problem.

2. Reinstall wireless adapter driver for test.

3. Try resetting  TCP/IP.

Reset TCPIP and check  if it works.

Follow the steps

a) Boot to the desktop view.

b) Open command prompt, right click in the left corner when the Start window appear and select command prompt (admin).

c) At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note: If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

d) Reboot the computer.

Let us know the status.

Roger Lu

Thursday, November 28, 2013 2:43 AM
  • Thank you Roger. It worked! Sorry, it took little bit later to comment here. Thanks again

Con Amore, Andrew James A

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Dear Roger,

I tried it but not worked i am using windows 8. mobile showing connected to hot spot wifi but network is still not there.

Please suggest if you have any solution for this.

Thanks.

Saturday, March 01, 2014 8:35 PM
  • Hi

Did you share your WiFi Network with the configured HotSpot?

Saturday, March 01, 2014 9:38 PM
  • I faced the same problem in Windows 8.1 . After several unsuccessful attempts at updating the network adapters , I changed the internet sharing settings in my anti virus which was by default set to OFF. This caused me to successfully establish Wi-Fi connection but without a working internet connection. Also check the windows firewall if you have set the private connection containing the virtual network to be blocked. Enjoy. :)
    Friday, April 11, 2014 10:50 AM