none
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000

General discussion

• I use Win XP Pro and most commonly AutoCAD LT 2008 with my laser mouse 5000 and have a problem when I try and utilise the middle button to PAN in AutoCAD. What should happen is that when I press and hold the middle button down, I can drag the drawing viewpoint around the screen, but it doesn't work. I have tried reinstalling latest drivers, answers found on AutoDesk forum etc. etc. However I recently discovered by accident that I can get it to work as intended if I press the Right button and the Middle button simultaneously. WEIRD!

Is this likely to be faulty hardware or is there a setting somewhere I can change. Thanks.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:33 PM

All replies

• I am having the same exact issue for Autodesks Maya 2008 - I have not tried it for 3dsmax yet.  I too am looking for a solution as this really impeads my workflow.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:31 PM
  • I am having the same problem with a 5000 wireless Bluetrack. I am trying to use it on 3ds Max '09 and it zooms just fine but no pan. I tried the 2 button trick but no good, I just keep getting the tool window popping up, at least not on the settings I've tried, default and scroll which it would be on other mice. I haven't had it 24 hours and I am ready to chuck it out the window. (no pun intended) 
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:42 PM
  • I just purchased the Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 2 days ago, have fully updated intellipoint software and am running it on vista x64.  When i use Maya 2009 i get the exact same issue.  I found a slight work-around by re-assigning the button on the left side of the mouse (for back when web-browsing) to be the middle click for maya.  When i use this button it works fine, however even though i've assigned the middle button to be the "middle-click" instead of "flip-3d" or whatever it's default is, it still doesn't work in Maya.  This is totally annoying since i've been using maya for years and now have to train myself to use a different button to pan. 

Have you guys tried re-assigning the buttons using the intellipoint software?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:48 PM
  • Ok, i just now checked with the Autodesk site and they said that there is a software conflict between them and MS Intellipoint. The fix is to ditch the intellipoint. I just did and it works fine.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:56 PM
  • Can you post the link you found from autodesk?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:01 PM
  • I just uninstalled intellipoint and intellitype.  The middle mouse button sort of works now, but it's delayed.  If i middle mouse click and start trying to pan it takes a few seconds before it catches and actually starts panning.  Some times it still doesn't catch at all.  I have to zoom out some, or rotate around and it will let me pan.  If i can't get it working better i'm just going to return it.  I don't mind not having the intellipoint stuff, since i just want it to function as a normal mouse, but if it doesn't work better in maya i'll have to return it.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:04 PM
  • I just uninstalled intellipoint and intellitype.  The middle mouse button sort of works now, but it's delayed.  If i middle mouse click and start trying to pan it takes a few seconds before it catches and actually starts panning.  Some times it still doesn't catch at all.  I have to zoom out some, or rotate around and it will let me pan.  If i can't get it working better i'm just going to return it.  I don't mind not having the intellipoint stuff, since i just want it to function as a normal mouse, but if it doesn't work better in maya i'll have to return it.

I got an Intellipoint 5000 mouse over the weekend and hit this same problem. Just as I was thinking I'd have to take the blighted thing back to the store, I tried a last-ditch bid to save myself a trip: I mapped the left side button (one of those two slivers on the side of the mouse) to "middle click" and disabled the wheel button. Voila! It works perfectly for panning. There must be something odd about the wheel button that keeps it from sending the proper signal.
    Tuesday, March 09, 2010 12:43 AM
  • I bought the same mouse yesterday and experienced the same problems with Acad & Intellipoint software.

It works now for me, after I changed in the mouse-software the function from the mousewheel to "middle click"  - now, when I press the wheel it pans in Acad and when I turn it, it still zooms.

The only problem is, that I always need to wait 1-2 seconds before the cursor changes to the hand symbol to let me pan. 

But it looks like this is a hardware thing, because it´s the same, when I deactivate the Intellipoint software.

This delay is incredible :/

I also use the "mousewheel double click" quite a lot in Acad, to "zoom all" - but with the delay it doesn´t work anymore - arrr 

I just tired it with an 5 year old wheel mouse, that is lying around & it works perfect!

I guess I have to bring the mouse back to the shop on Monday.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:00 AM
  • I have the exact problem with my wireless mouse 4000 and I just bought it 2 days ago and I 'm very disappointed so PLEASE post the link  I reallyt need it

Friday, June 11, 2010 10:11 PM
  • I had the same prob with Microsoft wireless mouse 4000 Windows 7 64bit & AutoCad 2007.

To fix,

1/ Skip to step 2 if you have installed the correct driver from the supplied disk

I uninstalled the HID compliant  mouse driver (because I was lazy in the first instance and never installed the driver from the disk)

2/ Go to Control Panel/Mouse and under the button tab you can select the middle button function. I set it to middle click. Now I can pan-real time and zoom extents with the wheel button.

Incidentally, after installing the driver from disk, I went to the HCLM run directory and deleted the mouse boot up program. Don't think it is required, the driver still works perfectly, just one less bit of bloatware.

I also enabled hardware acceleration in the ACAD/options/system tab/manual tune. I think it may have reduced the flicker slightly

Hope this helps

BTW, I love this mouse !!!

Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:19 AM
  • Wow,

Just bought the wirelss 5000 mouse and like everyone else on this thread use AutoCad and cannot pan with the wheel mouse.  Tried the work around (changing the wheel button to 'middle click', but like others also said, the lag is annoying.  If you don't wait until the cross hairs change to the hand before moving the mouse, nothing happens.  Ruins flow and takes your focus off the next steps.  Again, annoying.  I hope Microsoft provides an updated driver to fix the issue.  If not, I'll probably look for a new mouse soon.  And after this experience, I definitely will consider other brands.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:06 PM
  • I have the same problem with bluetrack Explorer Mouse.
    Middle click have that terrible delay and the only way to work fine with autocad or 3ds max is to reassign middle click to one of the side button.
    It's a hardware issue and i can't explain why all new ms mouses since 2009 have that middle click lag!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 4:04 AM
  • I too was struggling with the bloomin thing, then my boss came held down the roller for at least 2 seconds or until the pan hand showed up and then voila, it panned. Hope this helps.

:) 

• Edited by Anehta Friday, March 09, 2012 12:11 AM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 12:05 AM
  • any fix?
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:24 PM
  • WORKED YAY! thnx heaps!!
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 5:44 AM