none
XP Mode loading VB6 in a different mode

Question

• I've finally got XP Mode loading Visual Basic 6 along with a project, but it's looking (and behaving) differently than on my old XP computer.  On my old computer,  only the VB6 active windows would show, with my wallpaper showing through between them.  On my new computer (in XP Mode), VB6 controls all the desktop area I give it,  and my background wallpaper doesn't show.   Then when I load a form to edit it, VB6 loads it inside a (white) window (somewhat larger than the form it contains).  It just seems to be a different method of executing the VB6.exe file, but I can't figure out where to change that method.  Any ideas?   Thanks.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 12:43 AM

All replies

• This is not a problem of VB6 running on a XP mode virtual machine, it's a VB6 feature, you can use two different modes: SDI or MDI, in the first all the windows wander aroung, in the second all the windows are contained in a unique parent window (or mdi)

Load a project then go to Tools -> Options ->

Then go to the tab "Advanced" and play with an option named something like "SDI developement environment".

Hope this helps,

JC

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:55 PM
  • i can't find the" MS comm control 6.0" under XP mode. could you tell me what should i do?
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:41 AM