none
driver sound blaster live value for windows 7

Question

• After install windows 7 no sound. creative labs labels my sound card as dead and has not planed to release a drive for windows vista or windows 7

Is ther a solution with out buying a new sound card ?

There was a solution with a service pack 3 of windows xp, but how can you install that on windows 7 ?
    Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Juergen

Unfortunately, this can happen when a hardware maker decides to end support for a product. If there was no compatible driver already installed by Windows Update, then you can try using the latest driver from Creative.

Download the Windows XP SP3 driver and install this driver using the XP compatibility mode in Windows 7.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Let us know the results.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Tuesday, August 04, 2009 11:37 PM
  • No it did not work,message wrong system installed

Please let me know when you have a official or genetic driver for that card

thx
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 3:35 PM
  • No it did not work,message wrong system installed

Please let me know when you have a official or genetic driver for that card

thx

I doubt that Microsoft will ever write drivers for an old proprietary sound card, or generic drivers that could support it.

All that I can suggest is continuing to look for a work-around to get the drivers to install, or hacked drivers that would support Win7.

(Or, stay with XP. Or buy an inexpensive new sound card that has Vista support, which would probably carry over to Win7.)
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:45 PM
  •      www.kxproject.com  I found these drivers and they worked for me.  I installed Windows 7 and found out that I had the same issue.  

Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:31 PM