none
Netflix Streaming Error in Windows 7 Media Center

Question

• I have been streaming Netflix through Windows 7 Media Center without issue for months; however, lately all I get is an error message when I try to play a movie. The instant queue loads perfectly; however, when I try and play a show I get the following error "Netflix Sign-in Problem Error Code N8103-157-3018." This is a HTPC so nothing has changed on the system that I am aware of. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Netflix and PlayReady plugins without success. Any help is appreciated. 

Friday, December 03, 2010 4:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First of all, you could try system Restore to get back to a previous time point which Netflix worked fine.

Perform Clean Boot to test if the issue persists.

According to the error code, this issue could be related to Netflix, you could also contact Netflix directly for further help.

Netflix: Contact Us

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 06, 2010 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all, you could try system Restore to get back to a previous time point which Netflix worked fine.

Perform Clean Boot to test if the issue persists.

According to the error code, this issue could be related to Netflix, you could also contact Netflix directly for further help.

Netflix: Contact Us

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 06, 2010 10:48 AM
  • I know this is an old post, but I recently had the same problem and This is the first result when searching for the error message on Google, and now that I've found the solution (at least to one cause of this error) I thought I'd do my best to share it with as many people as possible.

Anyways, I recieve this problem, most likely because I had changed my Netflix password. The solution is simply to go into Internet Options (the options for Internet Explorer that also exists in the Control Panel) and Delete All Cookies. After doing this it will once again tell you it needs to sign on to the web with your credentials (or something like that) and everything should work fine. Hope this helps

Monday, February 27, 2012 12:01 PM
  • deleting all cookies can be very disruptive for people who have countless
    passwords and such stored. a far better method is to EXPORT cookies, then use a
    text editor to search and remove any netflix entries and save the file with a
    new name like newbookmark.htm.  Then, delete the cookies, go to Netflix, etc.
    and then import the edited newbookmark.htm.

your solution worked for you, but is not necessarily the right generic solution
    for everyone.

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:01:12 +0000, Koosemose wrote:

>The solution is simply to go into Internet Options (the options for Internet Explorer that also exists in the Control Panel) and Delete All Cookies. After doing this it will once again tell you it needs to sign on to the web with your credentials (or something like that) and everything should work fine. Hope this helps

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:10 PM