none
Windows 7 Memory Leak

Question

• Hi i'm posting about Winodws 7 Memory Leak. I know the issue has been posted i have read many posts and it still hasn't helped me. I've had memory leaks for quite a while i have 12GB installed and when looking at task manager 9GB is available, although the amount of free memory drops to 0 when i am transferring something. I recently re-installed windows 7 a fresh install formatted my harddrive etc. I'm still facing the same issue when anything is being transfered the memory drops down to 0 rapidly. The only thing that fixes this issue a Memory Management Tool.

So now i'm just wonder is there a permanent fix to this issue or would i have to keep using the program that i have?

Because it was a nuisance to re-install and i still am putting all the stuff i had back on. I know that there are alot of people who are getting similar problems. The memory leaks happened as soon as i got on windows 7 installed many updates and same thing happens.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:09 AM

All replies

• You definitely need to check with the motherboard manufacturer's specifications for the total amount the motherboard will support and the tested memory approved for use with the motherboard (Qualified Vendor's List).

If it will support 12gb of memory of the manufacturer, type and specifications that you have, then confirm that you have the latest BIOS installed and the correct settings in the BIOS.

Tell us about your hardware and the version of Windows 7 that you are using.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:03 PM
  • On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 05:09:54 +0000, abdulmatin1 wrote:

Hi i'm posting about Winodws 7 Memory Leak. I know the issue has been posted i have read many posts and it still hasn't helped me. I've had memory leaks for quite a while i have 12GB installed and when looking at task manager 9GB is available, although the amount of free memory drops to 0 when i am transferring something. I recently re-installed windows 7 a fresh install formatted my harddrive etc. I'm still facing the same issue when anything is being transfered the memory drops down to 0 rapidly. The only thing that fixes this issue a Memory Management Tool.

So now i'm just wonder is there a permanent fix to this issue or would i have to keep using the program that i have?

Because it was a nuisance to re-install and i still am putting all the stuff i had back on. I know that there are alot of people who are getting similar problems. The memory leaks happened as soon as i got on windows 7 installed many updates and same thing happens.

Wanting to minimize the amount of memory Windows uses is a
    counterproductive desire. Windows is designed to use all, or most, of
    your memory, all the time, and that's good not bad. Free memory is
    wasted memory. You paid for it all and shouldn't want to see any of it
    wasted.

Windows works hard to find a use for all the memory you have all the
    time. For example if your apps don't need some of it, it will use that
    part for caching, then give it back when your apps later need it. In
    this way Windows keeps all your memory working for you all the time.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:39 PM
  • I think that's normal operation for the Superfetch service.  The memory will still be available.

Friday, June 24, 2011 3:30 PM