none
Getting an error "Event ID: 1515" ; Event Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service

Question

• I keep getting this error: Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 1515; Event Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service along with Event ID 1511. I've searched for a solution but haven't been able to find anything with this exact issue. I'm being logged in with a temp file but will lose any information when logged off. I am the only user on this computer. I recently replaced my motherboard and processor and reactivated windows by phone. I only see the error when I turn on my computer. It's only in event viewer under applications. I followed the steps in method one, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215. I had 5 S-1-5 (long number) with the last 2 ending in 4 and 4.bak. Those were the ones I switched. Now when I log on I get this error under applications: Windows Operating System; Version: 6.1.7600.16385; Event ID: 1500; Event Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service. Under system I get the error: Source: service control manager Event ID 7005 The LoadUserProfile call failed with the following Error: Access denied. I looked for the service event ID with 7011 and 7034 but there was none. Thanks for any help.
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeremy, thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried the steps I found for a similar problem, using three user profiles to copy all the information in the C\users\rick\documents folder except ntuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log and ntuser.ini. Then pasting it into a newly created user profile but when I logged on nothing had changed. Then I followed the steps in method one, kb947215. It said to look for S-1-5 (long number) and S-1-5 (long number.bak) and basically switch them but I had five with long numbers ending with 1-2-3-4-4.bak. I left 1, 2, and 3 alone and switch 4 with 4.bak and changed the values (I followed all the steps carefully). The two errors I was getting were gone but two different errors starting popping up. This all started when I had to replace my motherboard and processor. I built it about 8 years ago and I guess that's 80 in computer years because everything started failing at about the same time, 3 years ago. I'm the only one that uses it and never had any problems with it until the motherboard replacement. I was prepared to reinstall the OS and surprised when I looked like I didn't need to. But the errors were frustrating me so after several hours a day for several days, trying to fix it, I bit the bullet and reinstalled the OS. No more errors and I'm back in business. Thanks again.

Rick Burton

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the information, I’m afraid that the current user profile may be corrupted.

If so, please follow the steps in Fix a corrupted user profile and see how it works.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 28, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Hi Jeremy, thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried the steps I found for a similar problem, using three user profiles to copy all the information in the C\users\rick\documents folder except ntuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log and ntuser.ini. Then pasting it into a newly created user profile but when I logged on nothing had changed. Then I followed the steps in method one, kb947215. It said to look for S-1-5 (long number) and S-1-5 (long number.bak) and basically switch them but I had five with long numbers ending with 1-2-3-4-4.bak. I left 1, 2, and 3 alone and switch 4 with 4.bak and changed the values (I followed all the steps carefully). The two errors I was getting were gone but two different errors starting popping up. This all started when I had to replace my motherboard and processor. I built it about 8 years ago and I guess that's 80 in computer years because everything started failing at about the same time, 3 years ago. I'm the only one that uses it and never had any problems with it until the motherboard replacement. I was prepared to reinstall the OS and surprised when I looked like I didn't need to. But the errors were frustrating me so after several hours a day for several days, trying to fix it, I bit the bullet and reinstalled the OS. No more errors and I'm back in business. Thanks again.

Rick Burton

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the update.

If there is anything else we could help you in the future, welcome back to our forum.

Cheers!

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:41 AM