none
Windows 7 Home Network error - Discovered Device can not be placed on map

Question

• We have 2 computers runnning off BT Wireless Broadband.

Both computers are able to access the internet but we cannot connect the 2 computers together using the Home Network
    One of the computers uses Windows 7 Home and the other Windows 7 Proffessional

When we originally bought the computers the Home Network worked OK
    After a system crash on the computer running Windows 7 pro the Home Network has ceased to work.

When I try to show the Network Map on each page the following happens

The machine running Windows Pro discovers the machine using Windows Home but has an error message saying The Discovered Device can not be placed on the Map

The machine running Windows 7 Home is unable to find any other devices on the network.

Lastly the machine running Windows 7 Pro has problems with the internet dropping - no set pattern but happens sometimes after start-up and after prolonged use

Any help appreciated

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please disable all the firewalls first. Also, please try the following steps.

1. Try to ping each other to see the connectivity.

2. Enable Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

3. Enable Printers and Files sharing in Network and Sharing Center.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 27, 2012 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

Error code 0x80070035 means that the network path cannot be found. Usually, this is caused by the firewall that blocks the connection.

Please make sure that you have already disabled Firewalls and enabled printers and files sharing.

Juke Chou

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please disable all the firewalls first. Also, please try the following steps.

1. Try to ping each other to see the connectivity.

2. Enable Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center.

3. Enable Printers and Files sharing in Network and Sharing Center.

Juke Chou

Friday, January 27, 2012 9:10 AM
  • Hi Juke

Thanks for the reply

The situation has slightly improved!

I decided to delete the Homegroup and reset it up

This resulted in the following change of circumstances

1) I can see both machines on each others maps

2) On the machine with Windows 7 Home I can now fully access files on the machine running Windows 7 pro

3) However I am unable to access files on the Windows 7 Home machine from the Pro one
    Error code is 0x80070035

4) I have pinged the machines respectively and there are no issues showing - full connectivity shows

5) I have also turned off the Norton Firewall on both machines but no improvement in the situation

Any more thoughts?

Thanks so much

Friday, January 27, 2012 6:23 PM
  • Hi,

Error code 0x80070035 means that the network path cannot be found. Usually, this is caused by the firewall that blocks the connection.

Please make sure that you have already disabled Firewalls and enabled printers and files sharing.

Juke Chou

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

Juke Chou

Thanks for the reply Juke

I have got the network working one way at the moment.

Methinks there is possibly a deeper problem with our system which I need to investigate more of

Take care

Andrew

Friday, February 03, 2012 9:44 AM