none
Any experience with Lenovo 3000 N200 0769-ASU?

General discussion

• I am considering this laptop as a gift for a friend.

It claims the following specs:

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic
    Processor Intel® Celeron® M Processor 540
    Processor Speed 1.86GHz
    Level 2 Cache 1MB Level 2 Cache
    Data Bus Speed 533MHz Frontside Bus
    RAM Installed / Max RAM Supported 1024MB PC-5300 DDR2 RAM (Expandable to 4GB)
    Memory Configuration (1) 1024MB SO-DIMM Memory Module
    Memory Slots Available (1) Available 200-pin SO-DIMM Slot
    Hard Drive 80GB 5,400RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive
    Multimedia Drive Combo 8x DVD-ROM; 24x24x24 CD-RW
    Display Type 15.4" Widescreen XGA VibrantView Display
    Video Card Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Video Chipset
    Internal Max Resolution 1280 x 800
    Sound Card High Definition Audio Chipset
    Modem/Communications Device 56K V.90/V.92 Fax/Modem
    Network Features 10/100 Fast Ethernet Network
    Wireless Network Features IEEE-802.11b/g Wireless Network
    Ports and Connectors (1) VGA 15-pin Port; (1) S-Video Port; (4) USB 2.0 "A" Ports; (1) FireWire 1394a 4-pin Port; (1) RJ-11 Modem Port; (1) RJ-45 Network Port; (1) Microphone Port; (1) Audio Line Out/Headphone Port
    Memory Card Reader 5-in-1 Multicard Reader
    Supported Flash Media MultiMedia Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Secure Digital, xD-Picture Card
    Expansion Slots (1) Express Card/54 Slot (supports Express Card/34)
    Built-In Devices Speakers
    Input Devices Keyboard, Touchpad
    Included Power Supply 65 Watt AC Adapter
    Included Battery 6-Cell Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
    Average Run Time Up to 3.5 Hours
    Included Software Microsoft Office 2007 (Trial Version), Norton Internet Security(tm) (90-Day Trial)
    Dimensions (WxDxH) 14.2" x 10.5" x 1.5"
    Weight 6.34 lbs.
    Manufacturer Warranty 1 Year Limited Warranty

If you have any experience with this hardware as to running VISTA, positive or negative, please post in this thread.

Thanks,

Doc

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think the following articles may help you learning more about this laptop. Hope it helps.

Lenovo 3000 N200
    http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/hardware/laptops/soa/Lenovo-3000-N200/0,2000065761,339281088,00.htm

Review: The Lenovo 3000 N200
    http://www.crn.com/hardware/207100827

Besides, for this is not a question about Windows Vista, I will change the thread type to 'Comment'. Thanks for your understanding.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 3:17 AM
  •  

Good info.  Thanks for the links.

Still, if anyone has any experience with installing Vista on this hardware, and what drivers are in the box or SP1, please post your experience.  If I get it, I will wipe it clean immediately and install Vista Ultimate fresh.

Doc

Thursday, May 15, 2008 5:38 AM
  • I looked very carefully at this model but opted to spend a little bit more on the 0769-A64. The A64 comes with Vista Business plus, in some cases, a free "downgrade" to XP Pro.  The other advantages are the Pentium Dual Core T2330 processor (a cut down Merom-2 Core2 cpu) and the 120GB hard drive. The XP downgrade is a real bonus; create your rescue disk set AND do a full backup of the entire drive and then install the XP pro operating system for a much faster system.  In 12 months time, you can re-install Vista Business and get a STABLE service pack upgrade of Vista which should be available on CD by then.  If money is really tight, the M570 Celeron system is OK as it also has the Lenovo Care button.  That is a great feature of Lenovo systems.  If a major crash occures you can restore to factory condition even if you cannot get into Windows.  It is features like that, plus simple driver and BIOS upgrades with one or two clicks that make either unit an excellent buy, especially for those with limited computer skills or without deep pockets.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:35 AM
  • This is a good system with additional memory added to the available slot. I gave one to my girl friend and she loves it. Bought another one for myself  too.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:10 PM