none
can't print on acer aspire 5530

Question

• I have problems getting a hp photosmart C4280 to print.
    the computer is a laptop: acer aspire 5530G-604G32Ml
    os: windows vista (32bit) home premium edition, service pack 1 and all current available updates installed.
    the laptop and printer are 2 days old, the os is as it came preinstalled from acer.
    the printer is connecte via usb. cable works perfectly (tried 3 diffrent cables - and all 4 usb ports).

when following the hp install guidlines everything seems to install correctly. scanning and copying works.
    when i try printing the testpage, the job gets stuck in the queue with "printing" as status. sometimes when i try printing it also says printing page "3/1" which seems to be a little weired.
    i can easily restart, stop and remove the jobs but they just won't print.
    restarting the spooler service and or the computer doesn't help. same with un- and replugging the printer.

i already spent 1/2 hour with a guy from hp in service chat - he told me it was not a hp related problem. also the hp-utility says everything is just fine.

the printer with the same driver works perfectly on my acer aspire 5672wmli with vista service pack 1.

i also tried stopping all unnecesary task and programs to be sure there is no 3rd party program with disturbes communication.

i'm running out of ideas - maybe someone here can help.
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:54 PM

Answers

• thanks for the replies.
    after trying another usb printer i went to the store where i bought it, thinking of returning it and taking another model.
    the shop guy told me that they had the very same problem with an older series of this model.
    it seems to be a amd-usb-chipset related problem. he gave me a file with some kind of driver patch an now it works like a charm.
    happy the thing works now, i still can't understand why he didn't told me about it the day i bought the laptop and a usb printer - would have saved me hours.
    i tried to find the patch or something about it in the internet but i didn't. i think the "AMD_USB_FILTER_v1.07_vista" file at this site: http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/tm_5530.html should be the same i got, but i'm nott 100% sure...

Monday, September 29, 2008 10:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

could you please check if any event has been registered regarding printing.Todo: start > run > eventvwr.msc >System Events and check the errors and warnings or all the events from source print an inform us.

Regards,

Cengiz Kuskaya

Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:06 PM
  • Hi,

This behavior occurs if the printer driver installation does not complete properly. I suggest that you clear the existed driver components and reinstall the latest printer driver.

Remove printer

==========================

1. Click the "Start" button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Find the icons which are related to HP Photosmart C4280, and delete them.

3. Right-click on the blank part of the window, and choose "Run as administrator"->"Server Properties".

4. On the Drivers tab, select the listed printer and click the Remove button. Please then select Remove driver and driver package.

5. Open Start menu, input APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

6. Try to remove all related printer software.

Then, download the latest full feature and drivers from the following website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3192753

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Before you install the driver, I suggest that you disable the anti-virus. After installing you may enable it again.

If the issue is not resolved, please try to print with the anti-virus disabled.

Hope it helps.

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:49 AM
  • thanks for the replies.
    after trying another usb printer i went to the store where i bought it, thinking of returning it and taking another model.
    the shop guy told me that they had the very same problem with an older series of this model.
    it seems to be a amd-usb-chipset related problem. he gave me a file with some kind of driver patch an now it works like a charm.
    happy the thing works now, i still can't understand why he didn't told me about it the day i bought the laptop and a usb printer - would have saved me hours.
    i tried to find the patch or something about it in the internet but i didn't. i think the "AMD_USB_FILTER_v1.07_vista" file at this site: http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/tm_5530.html should be the same i got, but i'm nott 100% sure...

Monday, September 29, 2008 10:23 PM

• Hello, I have some problem like you. My notebook is: Acer Aspire 5530 with Windows Vista 32-bit, printer Hp Photosmart 4280. I need file patch about you told in your message. Please send me names (or links) this files. Please help me.

Thank you very much
    Best regards
    Martin from Poland
    Monday, October 20, 2008 12:33 PM
  • Hi Martin,

The driver for HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One Printer can be downloaded from the following website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3192753

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:29 AM
  • Had a similar problem when trying to install several new printers (Brother, Samsung) on Acer Travelmate 5530 , they would show up but never printed even the test page. After trying several drivers from the printer manufacturers , i finally went into Acer's support page and found the 'AMD_USB_FILTER_v1.07_vista' driver , which solved all the problems.

Since then i've noticed that several laptop manufacturers (Compaq,Packard Bell,Acer etc.)have listed that patch on their site.  Apparently some AMD chipsets gives a lot of grief without this patch in Vista (and maybe in XP too , because there is a XP version of that driver).  
      What i found strange is that this patch was mentioned as an ' AMD USB Audio Filter Driver ' , but it seem to fix other USB issues also .

Here's where i found it...  http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/tm_5530.html     , select MS Windows Vista -> Driver and Utilities -> AMD_USB_FILTER_v1.07_Vista.

Mr rich there already solved his own problem and gave a correct tip , but decided to give some more info about it since it seem to be a rather big problem and somewhat difficult to pinpoint.

Hope it helps , sure was a frustrating problem...

Cheers 
    Friday, October 24, 2008 3:46 AM
  • Had the same problem with my HP printer C5280 All-in-One and acer Aspire 5530 and Windows Vista.

By Installing
    AMD_USB_FILTER_v1.07_Vista all my problems are solved!!!!

Many thanks
    Menig
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:41 PM
  • i had the very same problem with my Acer aspire 5530, i went round and round with both HP and acer for days intil i finally typed my problem into Google, guess what i found? the acer laptops with AMD processors with Vista on them have an inherant problem with executing the final print procedure,,,HP nor Acer new about this or could solve my dilemma, i found the fix on the internet,,HP was actually very rude about the whole deal and kept giving me a generic response until i got a supervisor (what a butthead) i was sure to email all parties invovled when i found the fix, it worked fine? and havent had a problem since, here it is?

AMD_USB_filter_vol1.07_vista

type that into google and find the file, run it on your computer and everything will work fine.

Patrick

Thursday, January 01, 2009 1:05 AM
  • I encountered this same problem today with an Acer Aspire 5535 running 32 bit Vista Home Premium and an HP F4280 multi-function printer. I can scan fine, but cannot print it says printing page 3/1 and nothing happens. I really thought I'd found the solution when I Googled this page, but installing the AMD_USB_FILTER_v1.07_Vista driver from the Acer site did nothing, nor did the same file from HP, nor the newer 1.07 B driver (or older 1.06 one for that matter!). I tried uninstalling the printer driver and installing the AMD usb filter first, then the print driver; and also tried it the other way round - nothing has worked.

Did anyone do anything else to get this working - I'm seriously feed up with this.

Thanks.
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:26 PM
  • Acer Aspire 5535 Download AMD USB filter vista 32 and 64 bit
    Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:17 AM
  • I spent 2 days trying to get a rebuilt 5535 working with an HP D1560. I was about to give up and saw this. I actually d/led the 5530 version. As it installed it reset my printer driver and all was well after a reboot! I didn't know it but the HP install hadn't properly completed until I did this.

What a palaver, but all good now:-)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:45 AM