none
8 GB Installed 4GB usable

Question

• Hello every one help.

I need help i bought a clone PC with icore7 930 CPU which has 8GB RAM installed as my motherboard is Gigabyte Ultra durable with six ram slots.

The catch is in windows it shows 8GB installed 4GB usable which is not a good news for me as i purchased it for video editing and installed windows 7 ultimate in 64 bit. i have seperate cross fired gigabyte graphics card installed. please beed suggestion.

Thank you.

Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:30 AM

Answers

• Have you enabled Memory Remapping in the BIOS?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, October 11, 2010 9:53 AM
    Sunday, October 03, 2010 2:59 PM

All replies

• Usually that is not a Windows problem but a problem with your mainboards
    BIOS settings. You shoudl better try a support forum of the mainboards manufacturer.

Sunday, October 03, 2010 11:58 AM
  • Hi,

Click Start>type resource in the search box and selct the resource monitor from the results. Select the memory tab. You will see what is allocated to the memory resources.

There may be 4GB reserved in standby or shareable which will be used by a process or service when it's needed. When editing a video, more will allocated there. You may not ever use the other available 4GB unless you are editing and gaming simultaneously.

Right-click the desktop and select Gadgets, CPU meter, and set it in properties for always on top. Then perform your typical tasks or uses and observe it.

I would observe the performance when in use rather than numbers. It's a powerful computer that will take quite a bit to stress.

If you have performance problems or slow-downs when editing, it still may not be hardware or resource related. It could be a software issue.

Use the high-performance computer and react to an issue.

Due to the designed use of resources with the Core processor, I wouldn't be concerned. Go edit and enjoy!

Sunday, October 03, 2010 12:40 PM
  • Have you enabled Memory Remapping in the BIOS?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, October 11, 2010 9:53 AM
    Sunday, October 03, 2010 2:59 PM