none
ERROR 1402 trying to inatall office 2003

Question

• Ok this is the problem

Ihave been trying to install ms office, (small business edition 2003) in vista home preamium sp2

on anf off for several years now, got no usable help from ( product support, or from toshiba computer )

keep getting ( error 1402.setup cannot open the registry  hkey_local_machine\software\clsid\{00020812-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}inprocsever32\12.0.0.0. verify that you have sufficent permissions to access the registry or contact microsoft product support services (pss)for information about how to contact pss, see D\files\pfiles\msoffice\office11\1033\pss10r.chm )

I an the admin to this comp, (only user) have reinstall vista, have given permissions to all users, admins,owner, system, ( dident work)

cannot access \12.0.0.0  get get a gray box with a red x in it and says 12.0.0.0 cannot be opend. an error is preventing this key from being opend.details:access denid.

cannot change permissions on /12.0.0.0 when trying to save get box wiyh red x saying unable to save perinission changes on 12.0.0.0 access is denied, the perent key inprocsever32 says users and system have full control to this key and all subkeys

I have also loged on as admin viea net user administrator  still got the same error

just read about   reg repair command promp sfc/scannow

ran it it did make repairs to the system, as best I can tell per the cbs log

I STILL GET THE SAME ERROR WHEN INSTALLING OFFICE

Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try resetting Registry Keys' Permissions to check it out:
    ==============================

1. Log on the computer as a user who has rights such as administrator to change the permissions.
    2. Click Start> Run, type "regedit" and press Enter.

Navigate to the following keys: Right Click on them and then click Permissions

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    HKEY_USERS
    HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

3. Click Add
    4. In the "Enter the object names to select", type your account name in the blank.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Check "Full Control" option in the "allow" Permissions column.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Try to install Office again.

Meanwhile, ss this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Office forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, April 07, 2011 7:16 AM