none
windows couldn't automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adapter

Question

• Computer shut off one day and when I restarted it, I get this error now.  "windows couldn't automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adapter"

I have no idea what I'm doing any more. Please help. 

Here is the info from the IPconfig:

Host name................: (name)

Primary Dns Suffix.....:

Node Type................:hybrid

IP routing enabled.....:No

WINS Proxy enabled....:no

Media state.............................:Media disconnected

connection-specific DNS suffix..:

Description............................:Teredo tunneling Psuedo-interface

Physical address.....................: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled.......................:no

Autoconfiguration enabled.......: Yes

Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You could run "netsh winsock reset"(without quotes) command with high privilege first. You'd better set the ip address as static one manually.

In the meamtime, you may run "sfc /scannow" to repair system. If the issue persists, you could have an In-Place Upgrade to repair system.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:21 AM

All replies

• Ive tried the "Clean Boot" and System restore but they did nothing to help.  For clarification, it is a wired connection on a desktop and I have updated the driver via the Realtek website. 

• Edited by Pache101 Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:27 PM
    Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:20 PM
  • Hi,

You could run "netsh winsock reset"(without quotes) command with high privilege first. You'd better set the ip address as static one manually.

In the meamtime, you may run "sfc /scannow" to repair system. If the issue persists, you could have an In-Place Upgrade to repair system.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:21 AM